Demon Drive Short to Long Board Problem

I was so excited today at school when I got a text saying my Demon Drive pedal had arrived at my door.

I rushed home from school and tore the box open and put the pedal on my kit. I immediately started making all the adjustments I could, until I finally picked it up, wanting to transform them to the long boards.

As I turned them upside down, I started using the provided multi-tool to loosen the screws on the bottom. As I got to the fourth screw on each pedal, all I was able to do was strip them. I didn't push hard or be reckless or anything, I just simply stripped them on the first or second turns.

I called my local drum shops, and none of them said they had any parts, nor had worked on any DDs yet. Am I out of luck? What can I do to solve this?

Tell them to get off their lazy backsides and order replacements screws for you. All Pearl parts are able to be ordered........from a whole kit down to the smallest screw.

If the damaged screw is still stuck, you could try a slightly larger Phillip head screwdriver to get it out and if that fails, drill it out.

I think it's the allen key bolt he's having trouble with. A couple of mine are near stripping as well and I haven't been overly rough with them. It may make things easier to disconnect the footboard entirely (take out the little bolt that connects the direct drive link)

Is it the countersunk screws or the rounded ones you're having trouble with?

If you're worried about running with a couple screws missing...don't worry about it, mine are missing a few. The pedal will work fine until you get some new ones ordered in.

As for getting the stripped screw out, someone else might have to answer that one! I have used a security key in the past - I drill two tiny holes (1 or 2mm drill bit) and then try make the key fit in the two holes so I can turn the screw.

I have one that looks a bit like this:
1002787yw2.jpg

Tell them to get off their lazy backsides and order replacements screws for you. All Pearl parts are able to be ordered........from a whole kit down to the smallest screw.

Useful information...now I will demand they order it for me!

Is it the countersunk screws or the rounded ones you're having trouble with?

The screws holding the little sliding piece that you can put the heel plate on to extend it.

As for getting the stripped screw out, someone else might have to answer that one! I have used a security key in the past - I drill two tiny holes (1 or 2mm drill bit) and then try make the key fit in the two holes so I can turn the screw.

That's an absolute genius idea.

The screws holding the little sliding piece that you can put the heel plate on to extend it.

That's an absolute genius idea.

Do you mean the chrome (almost chrome) rectangular piece underneath the footboard? If that's the case just use some pliers and a mighty wrist to loosen it. Or vice grips if you have those.

Otherwise if it's the countersunk screws you'll have to try something else like my genius idea haha. If you have access to a dremel tool with a tiny grinding disc you could use that to cut a slot for a flathead screwdriver.

Thank you for the link. The part is F6 if anyone is wondering.
Thats not the actual part number. Its SC-421W Screw w/Washer.

Anyway, its the rounded bolts that bolt the cam to the actual footboard. I hadn't heard those were too tight, the flat ones that connect the cam to the baseplate I have heard have been overtightened.

Anyway, good luck getting it solved.

Back