Joe Morris here

Congrates its all good especially the last segment. I hate cow bell but would like to hear your bass drum in the mix just a lil mo' hahahaha!!! Have fun and remember theres young people reading your message. We share notes from our hands & feet and no musicians mind is working with more impulses than a drummer. Have a great time and keep the funk alive and well. Doc

Joe! Spent some time on your site last night and want to say I love your sound. I listened to the "One Beat Off" clip about ten times because your snare and bass sound absolutely perfect to me. Thunder and lightning....thanks for posting and continued success.

oh yea, and you bet I went for a specific drum sound with One Beat Off. you described it perfectly. Thunder and lighting. thanks for the compliment. I had that drum sound in my head and got the engineer to do exactly what I wanted.

Joe! Spent some time on your site last night and want to say I love your sound. I listened to the "One Beat Off" clip about ten times because your snare and bass sound absolutely perfect to me. Thunder and lightning....thanks for posting and continued success.

Do you ever get nervous still?

I know it's a daft questions seens as your so experienced but, when your mixing with the worlds best musicians and these days one mistake and your out, it must be pretty scary.

Do you ever have 'had nights'? I've never saw a top session guy ever waver, ever!
And believe me I listen out for it. It terrifies me that people can be so perfect.

Is it for real?

Do you ever get nervous still?

I know it's a daft questions seens as your so experienced but, when your mixing with the worlds best musicians and these days one mistake and your out, it must be pretty scary.

Do you ever have 'had nights'? I've never saw a top session guy ever waver, ever!
And believe me I listen out for it. It terrifies me that people can be so perfect.

Is it for real?

Sorry it took me so long to answer you been a bit busy. To answer your question no I don't get nervous at all. I used to get nervous but since I've been doing this so long and have such confidence in my playing I don't get nervous at all. Taking that into consideration I think your also asking if I have bad playing days and nights. YOu bet I have. There are still those Occasional days where I just suck. LOL Hey it happens. Somedays are better than others. I would say I am on my game 95% of the time but of course I still have some days and shows where I feel I just didn't play that great. I don't worry about it, its part of life man, you have good days and you have not so good days. But the one thing I will say is I never have a bad day. I play drums for a living and i am always thankful for that so no day is ever that bad.

Well better late than never. I'm so sorry it took me soo sooo long to see this. One thing that I do almost every day to keep my quarter notes friendly if you will is Kenny Arnoff's power workouts. I mainly do power work out 2. Power work out 1 is a killer double kick workout and power work out 2 is crazy independence stuff while playing ostinatos. I think these have always kept me in shape, kept me lose and keep me strong.

Hey Joe

So what's like like on the road? What do you do with your off time? If you have 3 days between shows do you fly home? I love playing drums, but at age 54, I don't know that I would want to tour. Living out of a suitcase gets old fast.

Hey Joe

So what's like like on the road? What do you do with your off time? If you have 3 days between shows do you fly home? I love playing drums, but at age 54, I don't know that I would want to tour. Living out of a suitcase gets old fast.

Well Larry sometimes the road sucks and sometimes its just awesome. It totally depends on your mode of travel. Airports and delayed flights can really suck. Rushing to get to the hotel and make soundcheck etc. Yea at times can be a hastle, and other times its smooth man. The gig is always cool though. I live for that hour and a half. I traveled 10 hours to do an hour or so show. So all the BS better be worth that time on stage. It always is to me. In my off time it depends. I might just chill in my room, go to the pool, lunch, dinner, warm up , check out the city I'm in if time allows. Hang with the guys, have a few beers, it depends. I usually try and stay active for the day. I play better that way, opposed to laying in bed all day watching tv grabbing dinner and doing the hit. lol I will fly home if I have a long lay over. It depends. If nothing is up at home like school functions or anything with the kids I might hang out and rest. Usually I go home.

I'm 53 Larry and Ive been doing this over 30 years. I wouldn't change a thing. I have had the most blessed career its been awesome. More than I could have ever wished for but I lucky for me I'm at the point where I can finally choose if I travel or not. For instance this year is my sons senior year of high school. I can tell you already that I won't travel as much this coming year. I won't miss a thing, I won't miss a wrestling match, or parents night or anything. I think as long as you keep your priority straight you will be cool. Your right living out of a suitcase gets reallylllllllly old dude. LOL. but hey that's what I do. Right now if I had to check into another hotel I would probably throw up and thats no lie. After a while at home I will want to hear that applause again and hit it again. Its kind of like a cycle for me. right now, I AIN'T GOING NO WHERE. LOL.

Does someone write this stuff or is it Google translate? It's really wacked out.

Back