DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 11-14-2011, 12:55 PM
audiotech

Default Re: High end kit that has a lot of problems. Are any of them not worthy of complaint?

I believe that most of the real damage happens after the packages are picked-up from the originating shipper. I hear some horror stories and seen packages sent to me that looked like gorillas handled them. The tossing of shipped goods being transferred from hub to hub and then to the home or business delivery. There are many hands on your packages between the shipper and the packages final destination. It's what we can't see where most of the problems evolve.

Dennis
Old 11-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: High end kit that has a lot of problems. Are any of them not worthy of complaint?

Update:

I just wanted to report that DW sent me the original 14in floor tom replacement for my use while I'm waiting for the full kit replacement which includes another 14 in floor tom.

Ie, they sent me a drum to use, free, for about a month or however long it takes to get the full kit replacement done.

That's a good start.

I still feel like I should send John Good (DW VP) a letter informing him of everything, but then part of me feels like I'm still small potatoes and why bother.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Update:

I just wanted to report that DW sent me the original 14in floor tom replacement for my use while I'm waiting for the full kit replacement which includes another 14 in floor tom.

Ie, they sent me a drum to use, free, for about a month or however long it takes to get the full kit replacement done.

That's a good start.

I still feel like I should send John Good (DW VP) a letter informing him of everything, but then part of me feels like I'm still small potatoes and why bother.
Boom,

It would be interesting to get his perspective on exactly where the damage occurred. Of course, the tone of your letter should also be related to the satisfaction you receive when your new set arrives.

I believe John Good needs to hear from you and your delimna. Maybe a certified - signature required letter. Let's wait for the new set first :-)

Thanks for the update.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Update:

That's a good start.

Although I don't personally know the man,from what i've heard of him,he strikes me as being a hands on kind of guy,who dosen't have a problem rolling up his shirt sleeves,and getting his hands dirty.He seems to personally stand behind his product,and I think he would appreciate your story and feedback,and even a link to this thread.

I for one would love to hear his comment on the matter.He can't fix qc and shipping issues if he's not aware of them.

You're not small potatos,and your money and need to be satisfied is just the same as anyone else is.

Steve B
Old 11-30-2011, 02:42 AM

Boom you definitely need to let him know your DW experience. A person/company like that will only get better with feedback. Even if its not positive. Constructive critisism is essential for a companies growth.....sorry if I mispelled every word on the page.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:58 AM
Silver Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I plan on trying to get a letter out this week to inform JG about my whole experience. And depending on how things go, I'll send a follow up after I get the replacement kit.

It is just not easy to fully explain just how ignored I've felt during this whole event from the shop and dw that it has a way of discouraging you from doing anything but just getting the drums and getting past this experience. But, I'll head the advice to send a letter. Thanks guys.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Silver Member

I have a small update.

I received the 14 in floor tom replacement for my original 14 that I sent back months ago. Big difference immediately with this drum is that it was tuned. I know some in this thread have said that it doesn't matter, you'll have to do it yourself anyway, blah blah blah.

The reason I say it is important is it shows another step in the quality control. This drum came tuned. The first drum had tuning rods hanging out of the drum. I believe, strongly, that if they had been doing an "A" job of QC, they would have noticed this drum had a problem when they were tuning it. I don't believe shipping caused these tuning rods, just 3 of them to walk out (especially since they weren't side by side).

I can't seem to figure out how to upload the pics, but this floor tom came like my other two. In a box that is, in my opinion, too small for it and one of the floor tom leg holders is nearly busting out of the box. The leg holder is through the protective thin plastic wrap and damaged the inside of the box. Not the biggest issue ever, but just seems odd. They use bubble wrap on top and bottom of the smaller box that is inside a bigger box. But the bigger box seems like the right size for the drum as you would barely be able to get some bubble wrap around the drum (if you so chose) and still fit it in. Yet DW put that drum inside another smaller box that is not big enough to handle the floor tom leg holders and therefore ends up jutting out.

But this drum got through shipping a lot better than my other floor toms. My point is, it seems like it could be shipped safer than it is.

FWIW, the boxes had no DW markings whatsoever except for a shipping label that tells you it is from DW and what kind of drum is inside and no impact wrap to protect the sides of the drum. They use a thin wrap to protect the paint finish during shipping, but if the box gets hit reasonably hard on the side, due to the fact that the leg holder is already putting pressure on the inside box, the side of the drum is going to take a lot of that energy.

On a side note, I just noticed that the 10 in rack tom came with a triple flange reso hoop instead of their true hoop which is what it is supposed to get. Just another slip through QC. Of course, I didn't notice that until I went and removed the heads to examine the drum completely.

And a reminder to anyone reading this, this new 14 in drum is not my real replacement drum. They are making me a completely new/fresh drum set and this 14 along with the rest of my kit will be returned when I get that set.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 AM

Boom,

It seems that DW is making it right with your situation. Why do you keep complaining? If you are soured on the drums, then why not buy something else?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Silver Member

I guess I didn't realize I was complaining. I haven't given the full story in this thread, which is also why it might not be understandable why I'm soured. I pm'd a lot of guys the full story, and I think they would agree this whole situation was shocking or troublesome.

I just point out the shipping of the drums in boxes that seem too small to see what anyone else's thoughts are on that.

I wasn't given the choice of going any other route. Not sure if you read the thread, but I had to consult an attorney. You expect me to be doing cartwheels after having to do that and getting one drum?

I guess I shouldn't have given this update. Fair enough.

Ps. I haven't played those drums once since this all went down. Yeah, I guess I am sour about it all. I don't plan on playing them till the new drums come in either. The whole situation pissed me off so much that just looking at the drums agitates me.

Last edited by Boom; 12-05-2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason: yeah, I'm a pickle :)
Old 12-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Gold Member

IMO Boom, you have displayed incredible self control and patience. I myself would have been about $6,000+ pissed off (give or take few hundred $$)

You would or should never expect that from a company that advertises high-end quality and satisfaction.

I have their collectors kit too, but have learned from your experience...I appreciate the inside scoop. Especially since I am one of their customers.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:07 AM

Boom,

My point is why not just tell the dealer that you want another kit. You don't want the DW's because of the bad experience. Give you a credit at the store to put towards another kit.

I have read the thread but I take it there is more to this story. I only see that your dealer and or DW messed up with the production and the delivery of your kit. DW has come back to you with a plan. Have they gone back on that plan? When do they say that you will have your replacement drums? I don't know what you and your lawyer reached as a suitable terms between you and DW. If you agreed to wait for another set then what can you do but see if they come though.

Waiting sucks I know, but if you are waiting for a set of drums that you don't want anymore that would suck more. Is that an issue?
Old 12-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Silver Member

I still don't know the full story of where to place the blame. I can tell you this. I'm even more upset with how the shop has treated me through this all. They started like gang busters treating me like a king BEFORE I spent a cent. Then after I broke the bank I'm treated like I'm bothering them.

I worked real hard getting the price I got on those drums. I got a sick deal. The shop claims they lost money on that deal (why did they agree to it? they say they didn't know at the time...long story). So, maybe some would think "hey, you got such a great deal, just take whatever they give you." But that's why I don't want to start over, I shopped around for months on that kit. This wasn't an overnight thing. This was supposed to be my dream kit. I keep hoping that someone will communicate with me about this at some point and make me feel better about it.

I'm so easy too. I don't need a parade for me. But I do need acknowledgement of the hassle I went though. That's why, I guess, that I need to write the letter to DW. They, as in the higher ups, might not know all that went down.

DW and the shop never spoke to my attorney. I consulted him before I called them the one day, knowing full well they were going to give me the worst news possible. And they did not disappoint. And that was basically "there will be nothing done more about this kit."

And the coupe de tat was this gem "DW took back that 14 in drum as a favor to the shop. They said there was nothing wrong with it and it tuned up fine." That was the same drum that had tuning rods hanging out of it when I pulled it out of the box it was sticking out of. The same drum that was *impossible* to get a couple areas on the batter and reso heads to wrinkle. Yes, impossible. I could have gotten a power tool out and cranked down on the rods adjacent to these areas that would have no rod in them and it would not wrinkle. The drum was out of round. This is the same shop that measured the drum in front of me confirming that it was out of round. And then they called the rep on the phone, again, in front of me to tell him so.

Now, if it is measured in front of me, how is this same shop later telling me DW claims there was nothing wrong with the drum? The shop should have said "DW tried lying to us that there was nothing wrong with the drum but we didn't go for that. We measured it ourselves in front of you and know it was out of round." So, I'm not sure DW actually said that and I guess that's why I have to write a letter to find out.

Because anyone that claims that drum was fine is a liar. Now understand, during this whole process I had emailed that same rep a few times and often, if it was about anything real, I never got a reply. The shop also refused repeatedly to return my phone calls about inquires about the progress of the floor tom and about where my edge super solid snare was (that was way behind when I was told it would come) and then never called me back when I told them I had significant issues with nearly all of the kit.

So obviously the shop totally screwed me. I will never do business with them again. But the DW rep (and even sometimes when I called DW directly) didn't try to appease me.. I continuously felt brushed off. I've worked as a rep for a huge company for years and I know what it is like to do that job. I would never have treated a customer like I was treated by either the shop or the rep from DW.

So while the story above looks like the shop is where I should be angry, I can assure it isn't all on them. Because I was in constant contact with 2 different reps during this process. Many times I would either not get a reply by email or after talking on the phone I would be promised a call back and never get one. This was going on for quite some time.

I actually feel like (put your conspiracy caps on here! lol) that either the shop or DW or both want me to cancel out of this because somehow I got a deal that they regret I got. But then my brain kicks in and says that's stupid.

So, while you are right that I should consider getting a refund, all I keep hoping is that DW will reach out to me and make me feel good (which would not take much) and I can go back to be excited about these drums. Call it a pipe dream. Maybe I'm an idiot. But that's why I keep down this road.

That little update I just gave, though, wasn't supposed to be a complaint. This 14 that came to me seems perfect (but I'm not taking it apart as its going back when the rest of my kit comes in). I just wondered if anyone noticed how other companies ship their floor toms.

Bottom line is that I'm upset that santa claus was ruined for me. I might be permanently jaded about getting drums ever again. Oh, I'll buy them, but never with that blissful excitement of the night before xmas. That won't likely happen again. I guess that's what I'm still agitated about. Sorry for venting here. No one wants to read this crap.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:00 AM
audiotech

I don't recall ever reading the name of the shop where you bought the kit.

Dennis
Old 12-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Silver Member

Dennis, I haven't mentioned the shop's name because I'm waiting on a check from them for a refund on a drum order I cancelledc and they will also be receiving the collector's kit replacement and I have ZERO confidence in them. I've been contemplating seeing if there was any chance I could get that collector's kit sent to a different shop, that's how paranoid I am of them.

I want to be out from under them before I let the cat out of the bag.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:43 PM

Boom,

I think that you are dealing with a tough situation. When did they say you would receive your replacement drums?
Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelwood7 View Post
Boom,

I think that you are dealing with a tough situation. When did they say you would receive your replacement drums?
I was told that DW was hoping to have it done by the end of the year...which would be around 7 weeks. The lead time on collector's kits is around 12 weeks, so they are saying they are rushing it out.

Obviously, that's what a good company would do. I don't care a ton about how long it takes really. I just want the drum set to be perfect and for me to feel like my business is appreciated. Isn't that what we all want?
Old 12-09-2011, 03:39 AM

get ahold of J.G. yet?
Old 12-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Silver Member

Roy, you are awesome :) Not yet. But if you stay on me, maybe I'll get up to write the letter.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy E. Munson View Post
get ahold of J.G. yet?
2nd that Craig...

Might as well draft the PRESS RELEASE :-)
Old 12-09-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Roy, you are awesome :) Not yet. But if you stay on me, maybe I'll get up to write the letter.
Hey make sure you get him to sign your shells too....Ive seen a couple snares and kits that he has signed go top value on the bay. since he is inspecting your kit, you should have him sign. This will make your kit that much more unique and rare. How many peoples DW kits get signed and inspected by the CEO??? Get on that letter!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Hey make sure you get him to sign your shells too....Ive seen a couple snares and kits that he has signed go top value on the bay. since he is inspecting your kit, you should have him sign. This will make your kit that much more unique and rare. How many peoples DW kits get signed and inspected by the CEO??? Get on that letter!
OH YEAH! Yes - Get JG to sign each shell. That's the least he can do. In your letter, express your dissapointment, trauma and income lost because of not having the drums available for work (the last one is optional...)
Old 12-09-2011, 11:49 PM
audiotech

At least if he drops one of the shells while signing it, it will be at a good place, lol.

Just kidding,
Dennis
Old 12-11-2011, 09:26 PM

Boom,

I have owned three used DW kits. The first kit from 1999 was very difficult to tune. I found the 16-hanging tom almost impossible to tune and even my drum teacher could not do it. It was a three-piece kit so I dumped it. That kit also chocked at higher tunings and was DW shells.

The second kit that I had was from 2001 and also chocked at higher tunings. It did not have tuning problems at the lower to mid registers but the issue was the finish. It had the satin oil finish and it was coming off on the bass drum. I sold the kit and the next guy told me that the satin oil finish rubbed off on the bass drum. I told him about this problem before he bought the kit.

The third set I got and still own, am from 2004 and am a wrap is in a broken glass finish. Anyway, they are easy to tune, do not choke at higher tunings and don’t have anything wrong with them. They sound great. The only issue was that the guy I bought them from stored them somewhere in a garage or something because there were small pockets of rust on the hoops and on a few metal vents. I had to replace one metal vent. The hoops I was able to use chrome cleaner and make them look like new. So I have no issues with that kit.

I feel as the years go on, DW has gotten better with their QA control. I have visited Sam Ash and Guitar Center regularly over the last ten years and my observation for DW for the first 5 years was that the quality of the kits was inconsistent. Some of the sets sounded great while others had a few bad toms. In the last five years, I feel that DW has stepped up and made more consistently good sounding drum sets. The one thing I can think is the performance series being so popular, they are rushing out orders too fast to meet demand.

I think that this was an embarrassing moment in your current drum situation and I bet you receive a flawless drum set from them. That being said I have seen problems with other brands as well, including Ludwig, which is worse in my opinion for QA. Ludwig has a hard time with wraps and seaming them right and I have seen messed up Supras and BB’s. Yamaha has been very consistent with their quality but I like the fact you are going American. Gretsch has really turned it around in the last five years.

In conclusion, I think John Goode makes sure that your replacement drums are perfect.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelwood7 View Post
Boom,
Ludwig has a hard time with wraps and seaming them right and I have seen messed up Supras and BB’s. Yamaha has been very consistent with their quality but I like the fact you are going American. Gretsch has really turned it around in the last five years.

In conclusion, I think John Goode makes sure that your replacement drums are perfect.
I hope you are correct about DW. I know that they have established a high standard in QC. I just want to stress that I wasn't soured by the fact that I might have gotten one of the few that had issues. My problem is with how it was handled once I let them know I had the problems. That response was inexcusable.

In case you haven't seen from my other posts, I had 2 bad supra's (LM402) sent to me from ludwig and cancelled the order when it was clear they couldn't make me one that was even remotely acceptable. One had a non flat bearing edge and the other had the worst chroming job ever done and how that got sent to me as a replacement told me volumes about the QC at Ludwig. I know stuff like this happens. I'm very tolerant of it. It is how a company responds that really speaks to how well their company is run.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:44 AM

keep in mind boom....this may not even be DWs fault here. stuff happens, they are stepping up to fix it, and I agree that your new kit is going to be superb! I still think your shop screwed you.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:11 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

In case you haven't seen from my other posts, I had 2 bad supra's (LM402) sent to me from ludwig and cancelled the order when it was clear they couldn't make me one that was even remotely acceptable. One had a non flat bearing edge and the other had the worst chroming job ever done and how that got sent to me as a replacement told me volumes about the QC at Ludwig. I know stuff like this happens. I'm very tolerant of it. It is how a company responds that really speaks to how well their company is run.
I can see how a bad edge could slip out, but a visibly bad chrome should have never been boxed as stock in the first place.
If it's a normally shipped item, like a snare, it's already boxed in a stack of them. Luck of the draw you got 2 bad ones--out of how ever many drums were in the boxes ready to go.
Shouldn't have even gotten into a box in the first place, but it did, which sucks.

Should have written them a letter. Not an email. A good old fashioned letter.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
keep in mind boom....this may not even be DWs fault here. stuff happens, they are stepping up to fix it, and I agree that your new kit is going to be superb! I still think your shop screwed you.
Dying to find out who dropped the ball...(actually the boxes)
Old 12-25-2011, 12:47 AM

any updates? im hoping you got a hold of john good or a forward to him by now right???
Old 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM

I can tell you that this has happened before but I wont get into the specifics. I will never deal with DW personally. It amazes me that a company with such high standards as they claim would even give a customer such a hassle after paying such a high price for something that was definitely sub standard! I strictly deal with "SONOR" Now thats quality at its best! The Germans take pride in what they produce and I've never heard anyone complain about a German made Sonor product, yes Sonors are pricey but "You get what you pay for"
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Silver Member

Why not get into specifics? That is what these forums really do for us, is share stories to warn us about manufacturers/companies that might not uphold a certain acceptable standard. I want everyone that has ever had a bad experience with any drum related company to share them on this forum. Especially if they are more than "I got this bad drum and returned it." As it has been mentioned in this thread several times, what really matters is how a company stands by its product *after* it is sold. So, if you have a relevant tale, share it.

On another note, I sent a certified letter to John Good yesterday. It is supposed to get there Friday. Obviously, if I hear anything regarding it, I'll pass it along to you guys.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 PM
sticks4drums

I don't think DW has to worry about their popularity. Even on this site someone posted their new kit that is Black and Chrome, and everyone went gaga over it. Why? Probably because it said DW on the bass drum. It was a nice kit, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovemaster69 View Post
I can tell you that this has happened before but I wont get into the specifics. I will never deal with DW personally. It amazes me that a company with such high standards as they claim would even give a customer such a hassle after paying such a high price for something that was definitely sub standard! I strictly deal with "SONOR" Now thats quality at its best! The Germans take pride in what they produce and I've never heard anyone complain about a German made Sonor product, yes Sonors are pricey but "You get what you pay for"
I like Sonor's. Great quality and sound.

....but it is nice to share...
Old 12-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovemaster69 View Post
Just by way of balance, we have had the occasional report of quality issues with Sonor here, although they are fairly rare, & seem to be handled professionally.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

Boom,

Latest bro?

Have an awesome New Year in 2012!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinSD View Post
Boom,

Latest bro?

Have an awesome New Year in 2012!
Big D,

Nothing new to report. My certified letter got there Friday. With the holiday season, I'm not expecting a response immediately. I'm not really expecting much of a response anyway.

And you too, buddy! May it be the Happiest Year you have ever had! :) And the same to all of you that have helped me throughout this thread.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Silver Member

I sent John Good, Mr. DW, a certified letter about my experience that is documented in this thread. That letter was over 10 pages long and was a little more emotional than I would have liked it to be (looking back on it). That letter got there, according to the USPS, on Tuesday, Jan 3. Thursday, I got a message on my machine from John Good.

On the message, he expressed that he was exhausted because he was up much of the night and had a lot of meetings dealing with my letter. He appreciated the effort that went into that letter and that he would call me the following day.

Just that message had been a huge relief for me. Yes, my kit was already being replaced, but I always felt like I was unappreciated as a customer and it really bothered me. Having him take time to call me and express how much it bothered him to have a customer go through that said volumes and made me feel better.

When we spoke, he told me that he had been gone on a promotional tour for some time and that the man he trusted to run things was also sent to R&D. The guy that took over had done such a poor job that JG was shocked by what he came back to. What he had worked so hard to build up was nothing like he left. He said that guy was fired that was running things during that period. He elaborated some more, but the gist was, my kit was built in that time period where things were not being done as they should have been.

He felt my pain and was upset by it. He mentioned how he was upset he got the letter. Not that I sent it…but in the way where he would ask his personnel “why did I get a letter like this??”

He never heard about the 14 ft that was replaced originally. He informed me that he was going to win me back. That he was going to go over the kit personally, triple box it (we had a laugh), sign it, and even ship it directly to me since I didn’t want to deal with the shop that sold me the kit ever again.

He said we would talk further as the drum set got further along. I did try to press him on some unanswered questions, but he didn’t seem to want to talk about it (his wife was waiting for him) and I got the feeling he was just trying to be positive and not rehash too much of the negative stuff especially since he wasn’t aware of any of it at the time.---I’m not sure if I’m explaining this well. If you are taking this as a negative, don’t.

Part of me wishes we could have gone into some of that, but I understand, if I was him, it would be hard to pinpoint certain things as some of it would come down to he said/she said.

As I said in this thread before, it wouldn’t take much to appease me. I just wanted to be heard and appreciated for my business. JG just calling me made me feel that way. I didn’t feel he was just trying to appease me either. I got the impression my story really bothered him. He said “I want to hit home runs.” He wanted all of his customers to be completely satisfied.

While some of you will say “I told you so!” others could say “is that enough?” I don’t think we are done discussing everything; although, I don’t think I really need to know much of the answers.

See, here is what the end tale is. DW has never seen any of the drums I’ve complained about in this thread (other than the 14). They are taking my word on all of that. That says a lot. Yes, that stuff happened after I was really upset and discussed stuff with a lawyer, but I get the distinct feeling that the drum shop I purchased the drums from wasn’t looking out for me in this and there might have been other balls dropped along the way. But I also feel that JG wouldn’t have made me, or any other customer, go through those hoops.

So those of you that insisted on me writing him a letter were right. So thanks (Roy and Big D). Without writing that letter, I would still be bitter and most likely was going to sell the kit when I got it. Those of you that helped me go through this trying time with goals of determining what the problems were and how to go about getting them solved (especially Andy)…thanks to all of you too!

One thing is for sure, if you haven’t noticed that DW redid their floor tom holders, the new ones are much nicer looking and take up much less room…the older ones made it hard to fit in a case or normal sized bag (and were more likely to bust out of a shipping box lol). Well, I will have the new ones on my floor toms.

For those just reading this for the first time, you might want to read some of the posts as there is some stuff to learn in this thread.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Founder Drummerworld

Default Re: High End kit with problems...***Update - John Good, Mr. DW, called me today"

So i hope, everything comes to a good end.

During the last years i had contact with so many nice people at DW - business, kits...can't really say anything negative:
John Good, Don Lombardi, Scott Donell, Juels Thomas, Sarah Golden and especially Mike Thomas. The kits arrived all in wonderful and 100 percent condition....and yes, they were all tuned, but i couldn't resist to take down the heads just to watch the beautiful bearing edges and also smell the parfum of new drums directly coming from a great factory...

Bernhard
Old 01-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: High End kit with problems...***Update - John Good, Mr. DW, called me today"

Now that's more like it. I can understand John not wanting to dwell on the negative details. He's admitted they had a serious production problem. He's told you that was centred around one particular member of staff. He's informed you that the situation has been rectified, & he wants to move on from that. I say, fair play.

Clearly, you're not the only one to have complained about product produced during the same period in question, otherwise why would that staff member have already been disciplined.

I think you can be very happy that your replacement kit will receive the very best of attention (no more than anyone should expect for a kit at this price level), & John will drive that through personally. IMO, the very least they can do.

Most importantly, RELAX, & enjoy your new drums when they arrive. I'm sure they'll be faultless :)
Old 01-07-2012, 06:34 PM

Awesome News Man! I know you're are going to be thrilled with the new kit. I cannot wait to see whet other tricks DW now has up their sleeves for you. You know you're going to get the hookup! Thats so cool he called you! Cant wait to see the pics!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Silver Member

Boom - glad to hear that JG got in touch with you. I was going to forward this thread to him at one point, but I'm glad he received the letter and heard directly from you.

John is an amazing person, and wants nothing but great instruments leaving his shop - he's very passionate about this.

Enjoy your new kit, let us know when it's up and running :)