Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 09-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Ordered a DW Performance Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumming Phil View Post
I'm now on 4 weeks...
Just rang the shop to check potential delivery date - looking like we're still on for mid Jan.
Wow Phil, if I do the math that's about 20 weeks. I'm looking forward to the pics and stories you will have first part of the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaboy View Post
So you still holding up?

The way it's going looks like it will be close for both of us to get them about the same time.
Did you get that 14" FT in yet? Hit mine a few times yesterday and out of the box WOW does it sound amazing!!! Nice round tone and great sustain!!!
Hey KB, I'm holding up pretty good. I actually had a couple week gap there where I didn't think about it much, but once I crested the wait time hill I started thinking about it again. I ordered my 14" FT 4 days after the rest of the kit. That piece is going to lag a week or two behind the rest of my order.

I received a response to an email to DW on Sept. 6. They said they recently doubled production to keep up with the orders that are coming in and think they will be getting caught up in the next month or two.

Hopefully we will all be playing our new kits real soon!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areFish View Post
Wow Phil, if I do the math that's about 20 weeks. I'm looking forward to the pics and stories you will have first part of the new year.

Hopefully we will all be playing our new kits real soon!
Seeing a few pics and videos of your kit when it arrives will definately keep me going ;).
Old 09-29-2011, 02:56 AM

for anyone that cares, there was a new set of DW performance series drums at the south las vegas boulevard guitar center location when i was there on Saturday, it is the ebony stain finish and they looked great, it was the 5 piece kit.

I was there to buy a gibralter rack because im so fed up with not being able to get my cymbals were i want them and fighting with all the tripod bases as it is before beginning to try and mic it all up.

i actually got a backorder status email from guitar center again today and this time it said that they expect to have them in hand and shipped to me within thirty days which is a bit nicer than the dec 1st date i was originally given. all the other status emails i have received only said that they were on order and they would ship as soon as they had them.(i dug through my deleted mail to check)

getting excited about this kit showing up it will be all 100% new compared to previous gear.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevjonez View Post
i actually got a backorder status email from guitar center again today and this time it said that they expect to have them in hand and shipped to me within thirty days which is a bit nicer than the dec 1st date i was originally given. all the other status emails i have received only said that they were on order and they would ship as soon as they had them.(i dug through my deleted mail to check)

getting excited about this kit showing up it will be all 100% new compared to previous gear.
If yours delivers within 30 days you did good on your wait time. Tomorrow marks my 11 week anniversary of waiting.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:47 PM

That is good to get them inside 30 days. I rang the shop today to add a few bits and bobs to the order (no more drums, just a splash cymbal and a few clamps) and they told me the waiting time for new orders is now between 5 - 6 months!!! Thankfully mine is well in production so i'm still on for January - another 4 - 5 months of waiting and i would probably have started to look at something else. Looks like we all ordered at just the right time.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Silver Member

As of today it has been 12 weeks. The estimated wait at the time I placed my order was 12 - 14 weeks. DW is going to try to give me an ESD by the end of the day tomorrow. I'm hoping for good news.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Pioneer Member

Well today was the estimated ship date so we shall see. waiting on that email to confirm that
Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Well today was the estimated ship date so we shall see. waiting on that email to confirm that
I didn't get an email, so back to trying-not-to-think-about-it mode. Any news on your bass drum?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
I didn't get an email, so back to trying-not-to-think-about-it mode. Any news on your bass drum?
Talked to the store Friday, the sales guy said he hoped it would be in Monday or Tuesday so we shall see
Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 PM
sticks4drums

You guys sound like a couple of 12 year old's. :) My next kit is waiting for me at the store, I just need to get the rest of the money. I think that is even tougher knowing it is ready to be sent to me.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Talked to the store Friday, the sales guy said he hoped it would be in Monday or Tuesday so we shall see
Good luck. Keep us in the loop.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Good luck. Keep us in the loop.
Oh trust me I will ;-)

Still kicking myself on loosing out on a GREAT deal on some k custom hybrid hats. Was bidding on ebay (at each stop light on my way home from work) lost with 2 sec last couldn't get my increase bid in DOH!!!! Ended up going for $215 :-O
Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 AM
sticks4drums

Thanks for ignoring my post there DW boys. :) Hello tunnel vision. :P
Old 10-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
Don't mean to ignore you sticks. Let's see, saw your set-up for the first time today on another thread. Stunning!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:50 AM
sticks4drums

Quote:
Don't mean to ignore you sticks. Let's see, saw your set-up for the first time today on another thread. Stunning!
You saw it and didn't say anything! What! No respect. :)
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:

Wasn't ignoring it just not sure what to say LOL. At least when you get the money you can go pick it up. I've paid for it and can't pick it up yet LOL.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:57 AM
sticks4drums

Quote:
Wasn't ignoring it just not sure what to say LOL. At least when you get the money you can go pick it up. I've paid for it and can't pick it up yet LOL.
Wait till you see it. Very nice. :)
Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Wait till you see it. Very nice. :)
Then pay it off so we can LOL!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
You saw it and didn't say anything! What! No respect. :)
Disrespect not intended :)
Old 10-12-2011, 04:33 AM

i got a tracking number today from GC but it only had the 4 piece tom pack listed. i wonder if im going to get it it one bit at a time now...

anyway let you all know soon as i can.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
i got a tracking number today from GC but it only had the 4 piece tom pack listed. i wonder if im going to get it it one bit at a time now...

Interesting. Hopefully your getting all pieces together. My ESD has been pushed back to Nov. 15.

Last edited by areFish; 10-12-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 AM
sticks4drums

You guys are so excited, you would almost think you were getting a new Saturn. :)
Old 10-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
You guys are so excited, you would almost think you were getting a new Saturn. :)
Yea, I know, Talk about chomping at the bit!
Can you imagine how fired up they would be if they had ordered a really cool kit! ;)
Old 10-12-2011, 05:56 AM
sticks4drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Yea, I know, Talk about chomping at the bit!
Can you imagine how fired up they would be if they had ordered a really cool kit! ;)
We all act like a bunch of kids when it comes to new drums.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:21 AM

we are all kids at heart, ordering a new RC car tomorrow too!

i got two shipping numbers for the full 5 piece, but they said december 2nd on the 16" floor tom
Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:

yep that's what happened to me, the toms and snare came in and the bass has been on backorder for the past 4 weeks and I was just told yesterday it's going to be another 4 weeks for the bass
Old 10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
We all act like a bunch of kids when it comes to new drums.
My heart doesn't race when I hear the brown truck driving through my neighborhood and I don't stand by the garage door opener and wait for the tires to roll onto my driveway.
Did I ever tell you guys that I lie sometimes?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 AM

so in watching my tracking numbers it took about 48 hours to get them to show an origin scan and it is from salt lake city utah.

this is great for me because UPS ground from salt lake to st. george where i am is pretty much next day.

what i'm curious about is that i know guitar center and musicians friend have their call center and i'd imagine a few other duties handled there. but did they put a warehouse/distro center there also? i always thought there was the one in kansas and the one in sparks nevada.

anyone have some insight on this?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 AM

well the tracking showed like it came from a saltlake city warehouse location...d

anyway here are two pictures, i have my old floor tom over on the side just so that i can get used to it being there so when the other one shows up it will be right at home.

the drums came with the heads finger tightened if that so after only thirty minutes they were singing loud. snare was almost to my liking upon arrival. stock heads sound great.

as for the hardware on this thing... ITS AMAZING. it blows my mind how heavy the triple flange hoops are compared to my old tama's. the tom mounts are crazy nice compared to my retrofitted gibraltar mounts on my old kit. the floor tom legs just as beefy.(though i do wish they were like a good 4 inches taller)

i had to put some plastic shims in to get my rack toms to mount since my posts were the 10.5mm rods and i geuss these use 1/2" so i ordered the replacement ball+Lrod deals.

the bass is so powerful, toms sing, and the snare is so crisp. maybe its just because im used to my old POS but i am in love with these things regardless if i should be or not.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
well the tracking showed like it came from a saltlake city warehouse location...d

anyway here are two pictures, i have my old floor tom over on the side just so that i can get used to it being there so when the other one shows up it will be right at home.

the drums came with the heads finger tightened if that so after only thirty minutes they were singing loud. snare was almost to my liking upon arrival. stock heads sound great.

as for the hardware on this thing... ITS AMAZING. it blows my mind how heavy the triple flange hoops are compared to my old tama's. the tom mounts are crazy nice compared to my retrofitted gibraltar mounts on my old kit. the floor tom legs just as beefy.(though i do wish they were like a good 4 inches taller)

i had to put some plastic shims in to get my rack toms to mount since my posts were the 10.5mm rods and i geuss these use 1/2" so i ordered the replacement ball+Lrod deals.

the bass is so powerful, toms sing, and the snare is so crisp. maybe its just because im used to my old POS but i am in love with these things regardless if i should be or not.
Pics aren't showing up. Congrats on your delivery.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:32 AM

the drums came with the heads finger tightened if that so after only thirty minutes they were singing loud. snare was almost to my liking upon arrival. stock heads all around sound great.

the bass is so powerful, toms sing, and the snare is so crisp. maybe its just because im used to my old POS but i am in love with these things

anybody know where to get some longer dw floor tom legs?
Old 10-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
it blows my mind how heavy the triple flange hoops are compared to my old tama's. ?
What Tama model was that??
Old 10-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artstar View Post
What Tama model was that??
it was an early 80's model swing star kit.the rims are triple flange but are half the gauge of steel in comparison.

the DW's are SO easy to get a good consistent tone.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 AM

Just figured I should stop in and say this.

I ordered a DW Performance kit exactly one week and one day after you, OP. I was quoted 8 weeks originally, and when that came and went I started to get impatient. My local drum store (Explorer's) hasn't checked on my wait time when I've asked them too, so I've just been stalking this thred for a good while, and waiting for yours to come in, so I can guess when mine will come. I got the black mirra, in 5.5, 10, 12, 14f, and 22, with 3000 hardware. Anyway, I'm super excited. Also, what is the most recent quote for you? What's your ESD now?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBeatle97 View Post

I ordered a DW Performance kit exactly one week and one day after you, OP. I was quoted 8 weeks originally, and when that came and went I started to get impatient. My local drum store (Explorer's) hasn't checked on my wait time when I've asked them too, so I've just been stalking this thred for a good while, and waiting for yours to come in, so I can guess when mine will come. I got the black mirra, in 5.5, 10, 12, 14f, and 22, with 3000 hardware. Anyway, I'm super excited. Also, what is the most recent quote for you? What's your ESD now?
My tom kit shipped immediately for some reason the bass drum was back ordered and took 6 weeks to get it. Ordered Sept 17 and came in Oct 22 I got the ebony finish on mine.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

I checked on this yesterday with DW directly. My current estimated ship date and the exp. date on the milk in my fridge is Nov. 15. I wonder if I'll get my kit before I have to buy more milk? Congratulations on your new kit!

Last edited by areFish; 10-27-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:07 PM

Good news! I went to Explorer's today, and checked directly, and they said that they have shipped! Hopefully sometime next week. Also, I ordered a 24" kick, not a 22". They said the reason it's coming so early is that they ordered my exact kit 3 weeks earlier as a floor model, but they ordered the 24" bass, not the 22" that I wanted. I sat down behind a 24" though and was able to play it comfortbaly, and loved the thump on it, so yeah. You can tell I'm excited.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Good news! I went to Explorer's today, and checked directly, and they said that they have shipped! Hopefully sometime next week. Also, I ordered a 24" kick, not a 22". They said the reason it's coming so early is that they ordered my exact kit 3 weeks earlier as a floor model, but they ordered the 24" bass, not the 22" that I wanted. I sat down behind a 24" though and was able to play it comfortbaly, and loved the thump on it, so yeah. You can tell I'm excited.
Your kit was ordered two weeks before mine then. This might mean mine will be on a brown truck week after next. Thanks for the update.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Silver Member

I got a new ESD today. End of November for the kit and December for the FT add-on.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Platinum Member

It wont be long now!