Black Panther Blaster Snare wire size?

Frosticles

Silver Member
Have a 13x7 Blaster & am wondering if I can fit 30 strand Pure Sound wires? I have done this on my Tama SLP G-Maple but the gaps on the bottom hoop look wider on that.
Anyone fitted wider wires to a Blaster?

Have a 13x7 Blaster & am wondering if I can fit 30 strand Pure Sound wires? I have done this on my Tama SLP G-Maple but the gaps on the bottom hoop look wider on that.
Anyone fitted wider wires to a Blaster?

By gaps, you mean snare gates? They only need to be wide enough to fit a piece of ribbon or two strands of string. Are they still too narrow on the Mapex?

Just curious since you have both the 13x7 SLP G-Maple and the 13x7 Blaster. How do you feel the the thin shell of the Mapex affects the tone in comparison to the twice as thick Tama (both maple)? I have the G-Maple and I just think this drum has no weaknesses whatsoever! I can tune it to a deep "boosh" sound and it's still full-sounding and sensitive!

By gaps, you mean snare gates? They only need to be wide enough to fit a piece of ribbon or two strands of string. Are they still too narrow on the Mapex?

Just curious since you have both the 13x7 SLP G-Maple and the 13x7 Blaster. How do you feel the the thin shell of the Mapex affects the tone in comparison to the twice as thick Tama (both maple)? I have the G-Maple and I just think this drum has no weaknesses whatsoever! I can tune it to a deep "boosh" sound and it's still full-sounding and sensitive!

Thank you. Haven't really had chance to test them side by side. I admit though that the SLP is just a brilliant snare & does everything so well. Has been my go-to snare now for the past three years. I bought the Blaster to go with my recently acquired Saturn III kit. I have put a new head on it (Evans Genera Dry) & used it the other night where it decided to de tune itself (Never had that with any other snare)
Have offered up the 13" Blaster wires but they go right to the edge of the hoop almost. I will put them both side to side as I have the same wires on the SLP & see what the difference is.

Stupid Amazon have sent the wrong size wires. Thought something was amiss. Checked against my G-Maple which are 30cm long. Amazon sent 33cm one's. Back they go..............

Back