DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 PM

Default Visiting another DW member

Without wanting to sound overtly sycophantic, I just wanted to publicly say thanks to DW member 'keep it simple' for being such a good host yesterday when I visited his home to pick up some equipment. It's always interesting to meet the person behind the postings, as I have in the past with other forums I've belonged to.

We shared 'musician' tales and I'm sure his wealth of experience will help me in my striving to improve as a drummer; I know I have a lot to learn and meeting people like KIS gives me others perspectives on what's important and food for thought.

I was pleased that I got to see and handle some of the superb Guru drums, including a fantastic 20x14" bass drum which was incredibly light, yet had a really deep resonance. I was very impressed with their products and as a woodworker myself can vouch for the high quality of the work and materials used. If I wanted a custom built kit, I know where my first port of call would be. And remember these kits may seem expensive at first, but you really do get what you pay for... the resonance in all the drums I looked at was incredible.

So thanks again man... :)

Chromium
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Administrator - Mayor

Default Re: Visiting another DW member

It is always nice to meet someone in person and not just view their avatar. You are not the first to comment on Andy's willingness to help, and to be a great host. this kind of exchange is one reason we all stay. Thanks for posting this.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Pollyanna's Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
I was pleased that I got to see and handle some of the superb Guru drums, including a fantastic 20x14" bass drum which was incredibly light, yet had a really deep resonance...

Absolutely! All Guru's Ogirin series are astonishing pieces of art and design wonders, I had the chance to see and play all 3 series, but the classic serie is a real gem with a difference, it has everything you could wish for, and while there's no air vents on the shells, it's impossible to choke these drums, genuinely amazing!!!

Here's the Guru's Origin Classic model in an all honest video capture.

http://youtu.be/uoGLAH1kYIc?hd=1

Also, I was fortunate enough to meet the creators of these splendid drumkits, Andy and Dean, and I had the pleasure of their company and hospitality for 3 days in a row at the LDS in October last year, what a good time I had there, very happy memories :)

Yes, it's nice to meet other forum members, especially when they're as nice and friendly as Andy, good thread Chromium, thanks mate.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post

So thanks again man... :)
& thank you Steve:) I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of those lights, they certainly served us well. Good to meet you too :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
It is always nice to meet someone in person and not just view their avatar.
Yes it is. I love meeting up with forum members. I've met up with most members at the London drum show. That's great, but leaves me with so little time to speak, as I'm usually very busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post

Also, I was fortunate enough to meet the creators of these splendid drumkits, Andy and Dean, and I had the pleasure of their company and hospitality for 3 days in a row at the LDS in October last year, what a good time I had there, very happy memories :)
Happy memories here too Henri, & here's to this year's show :) I hope to meet even more this year, with luck.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

Yes, hes a special man, our man Keep It Simple.