Billy Ward here!

Re: I'm here! - Billy Ward

How insane; I just checked out those clips... (having just discovered this thread) and... well... that DVD is going on my Christmas list I think... the clip with the bass player is exactly where I want to be. Loving the small hats, I would love a set of those!

thanks again folks. I just got home for a weekend in Colorado with Joan Osborne. Too much travel for two gigs IMO! :D Anyway, glad to be home - gotta mix a record I've produced this next ten days and I'm still re-wiring my studio! total pain in the butt!
Then I'm off to Drummer-Live for some masterclasses. If any of you are there, please say hello!

gerry said:
Hi Billy Gerry here.. your li'l Scottish Pal from billyward.com.. looks like I find myself here too..
still workin with those Soda Bottles.. the best filling for an interesting Shaker sound so far is believe it or not::: Spaghetti..snapped into little lengths.. sounds amazing!!!
Hope all well.. Gerry

Pasta is awesome for improvised shakers. My brazillian flatmates in London used to make shakers with pasta and Pringles tubes.

Billy:

I just finished your article in August's MD. It inspires a lot of thought. Thanks for having the courage to talk so openly about problems inherent in the development of the music business. I am not sure I share your optimism but thanks for putting yourself and your opinion out there and for having the courage to say what many of us have been thinking for some years.

Paul

You didn't had the time to fish in Utah...? dude.... I don't know how the fishing is in Utah, but fishing must be great, wherever you do it.... I don't like it, but Rick does, so maybe fishing is popular hobby... dude...

Thomas Braas said:
You didn't had the time to fish in Utah...? dude.... I don't know how the fishing is in Utah, but fishing must be great, wherever you do it.... I don't like it, but Rick does, so maybe fishing is popular hobby... dude...

Actually Rick hates to fish. I’m a Golfer not a fisherman

I just know people love the Fishing, Skiing, & golfing in Utah (sometimes all in the same day)

I saw a drumhead signed by Billy at Backbeats drum shop in Salt Lake City, it’s located kind-a by the mountain streams where the fish live. So I thought hum…. Looks like maybe Billy was here.

And I’ve seen this clip of Billy fishing

http://www.hudsonmusic.com/QuickTime/WARD/WARDMPG.html

So when everyone was welcoming him I thought I would ask if Billy’s been fishing in Utah.

Don’t ask me where the best fishing place is LOL, but if he wanted to go golfing that’s a different story

PO

thanks for the continued welcome! This is a great forum. I actually don't fish. The way I'm "handling" the fishing gear i nthat scene of the DVD is actually pretty accurate to my fishing skills! :D It looks like it would hurt -and yeah, I know, It is inconsistent with my ordering fish at a restaurant!
Hope to see some of you at drummer live in the UK later this month!
Rick, I did a clinic for Backbeats a few years ago. Maybe it's time I get back there again? We'll see if they want me again.
thanks again!

billy ward said:
Rick, I did a clinic for Backbeats a few years ago. Maybe it's time I get back there again? We'll see if they want me again.
thanks again!
I’m sure they would love to have you back who wouldn’t? (Besides maybe an X-Wife or ?? lol). I missed you at Backbeats cause I just started drumming again this year after a 10 year guitar break. But if you do come back I’ll be there. I do love you’re style and your willingness to chat with and help others. That’s cool. Have fun in the UK.

You don't like fishing... My whole world just collapsed man.... But Billy, if I may be so bold, or whatever the saying me be, do you handle fishing gear on your dvd....? I have to check then....

thanks Rick - would love to go bakc there again.

and Thomas...
Thomas Braas said:
You don't like fishing... My whole world just collapsed man.... But Billy, if I may be so bold, or whatever the saying me be, do you handle fishing gear on your dvd....? I have to check then....
Check out the fishing "reel" at the beginning of the scene... that says it all and it wasn't scripted :D

billy ward said:
thanks Rick - would love to go bakc there again.

and Thomas...

Check out the fishing "reel" at the beginning of the scene... that says it all and it wasn't scripted :D

You could've fooled me with your fishing skills, of course I don't fish so I don't know any better. I was just more impressed that your cell phone actually worked out on the lake :) My parents live on a lake and their cell phones don't work out there no matter what :D

Mr. Ward,

Your articles in MD are very inspiring. Not only from a drumming point of view but in real life too. I can relate to a lot of things you said and apply them to my personal and/or professional life.

I first became aware of your playing through your work with Ace Frehley and particularly enjoy the stuff you did with Bruce Gaitsch.

You're definitively my kind of drummer, the one that serves the song and groove.

I wish you continuous success.

Best reagards
Laurent

chat tonight (8pm -UK time) w Billy Ward

Hey - sorry about the last minute notice, but I am doing a chat at www.mikedolbear.com today at 3pm NYC time (8pm UK time)

Also, the BB king record has been released - I am playing on three songs with John Mayer, Hall and Oates and Gloria Estefan. It is titled "80".
A Joan Osborne Christmas record will be released in about a month or so as well.

-Billy

PS - I'm traveling overseas next week to perform master classes at Drummer Live. I'd be very happy to meet some drummerworld-ly folks there! Come up and say hi if you are there!
-Billy

Re: chat tonight (8pm -UK time) w Billy Ward

Very cool chat ... great to see lots of us there. Bernhard, thanks for putting up the special notice ... for some unknown reason, I logged on just before going to lunch, and ended up eating my tuna sandwich at my desk, to take part. I'd have been really unhappy if I'd missed it!

Re: chat tonight (8pm -UK time) w Billy Ward

I missed over 1 hour of the movie I was watching but it was definitely worth it.

Wreijman said:
My post amount is decreasing, what the hell is going on? Is somebody deleting my posts or something...?

Yes I'm deleting some threads....postcount is NOT important

...and here is the Billy Ward thread not the message board!!!!

Bernhard

Lol Bernhard, you try telling that to me a year ago.

Thanks you very much Billy for the informative and genuinely fun webchat last night. I had a good time and it's good to know that a professional drummer such as yourself doesn't find it 'beneath' himself to chat to the likes of me.

Once again; thank you.

I really liked the webchat last night, and thanks for answering my question! I'll definately take that to heart!

Billy, love your playing. I'm a big fan of your approach to time and your consideration to the music. I have worked on several projects with the WFD guys and it is no secret that on a couple different forums you are championed as the 'pro' anti WFD Guy.

Well, I just wanted your side of the story in your own words.

TD
ps really a fan.

Back