DW Pedal Questions

pfeifdiggy

So, I've been looking into beginning to play double bass, and am looking for a good starter pedal that can both help me learn to play double bass and not break my wallet. So far, best bet I've come across is the 2000 Series DW, which is pretty affordable and from the couple of times I've gotten a chance to play them, has felt fairly comfortable when it comes to playing them.

Anybody had any similar feelings towards these guys? or is there another way that I should be looking for as far as double pedals.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

So, I've been looking into beginning to play double bass, and am looking for a good starter pedal that can both help me learn to play double bass and not break my wallet. So far, best bet I've come across is the 2000 Series DW, which is pretty affordable and from the couple of times I've gotten a chance to play them, has felt fairly comfortable when it comes to playing them.

Anybody had any similar feelings towards these guys? or is there another way that I should be looking for as far as double pedals.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Are you sure it was a 2002 double pedal or was it a 5002? Like anything, pedals wear down. Even when I had my then top-shelf 5000 Turbo Accelerator Delta single pedal, parts wear out, albeit this took years. I would think with the 2000 line, things would wear down much quicker. Although I am kinda' fond of the 3500 hi-hat stand, that's a pretty solid piece.

Go for it! These pedals are great for beginners, to the intermediate levels at DB. If these are your first double pedals than I say get them.

I am the proud owner of a DW 3002 pedal. I would recommend paying the slight increase and going to the 3002. It has double chain (as opposed to the 2002's singles) and a few more adjustment points. I've played it professionally for the last three months with no issues whatsoever. It's essentially what the 5000 series was five or six years ago.

What about Gibraltar Double Pedals? I've tried their top of the line Intruders, and their mid-range Avenger, and I think they are both very nice. They go for a lot cheaper than DWs of the same level, too.

Fox.

Back