Aquarian SuperKick I vs II

F

fusssion

Yes, I've done my search, and haven't quite found the answer I'm looking for.

Anyone run an SKII on a 18x22 birch kick, then go to a SKI??

I currently have an SKII w/ a Regulator reso ( 4 3/4" hole) and for some reason, while I used to love it, it's sounding more dead to me.....so....

I was thinking of trying an SKI next time? I like putting the Aquarian beater pad on the center for durability too,.....

Any run-ins with this comparison??

Thanks all!

Yes. SK 1 is better, more volume than the SK 2. The Sk 2 Performs better on my 26. I have tried one on my 22 but won't again.. It's too heavy. I also use the same Regulator.

SKI is the head in the SK series. It have made my bass drum sound as cannon. Be sure to use anything else for muffling, no towels or pillows.

So the 2-ply head doesn't have as much volume? Does it hold up better? I was about to go with the SKII, but maybe I should rethink it. Although I don't want any ringing out of my bass drum either.

The 2 ply head has a more muffled sound just because it is a 2 ply head. A 2 ply head will be stronger but if you use a Remo Falams pad on a single ply you will have the strength of a 2 ply head. The SK 1 doesn't ring. It will have more of an open sound and sustain better than the SK 2. Either way, they are both good heads. I just like the SK 1 better on my 22.

SK II is very praised in metal setting because of it more focused thump tone. SK I is still muffled becasue of the felt ring but when used without any other muffling like towels or pillows, it let the drum have good controlled presence, tone & resonance.

I find that SuperKick I is a very well balanced head.

SK II is very praised in metal setting because of it more focused thump tone. SK I is still muffled becasue of the felt ring but when used without any other muffling like towels or pillows, it let the drum have good controlled presence, tone & resonance.

I find that SuperKick I is a very well balanced head.

Hmmm. I'm not exactly playing metal, but not jazz either. Think MUSE.

Still trying to decide between these two heads. Musician's Friend has a prepack of the SKI with a Regulator for a bit of a discount, which is pretty attractive.

Hmmm. I'm not exactly playing metal, but not jazz either. Think MUSE.

Still trying to decide between these two heads. Musician's Friend has a prepack of the SKI with a Regulator for a bit of a discount, which is pretty attractive.

Go aheand and get it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

SKI is the head in the SK series. It have made my bass drum sound as cannon. Be sure to use anything else for muffling, no towels or pillows.

Thanks all....
Minddrummer,...NEVER NEVER....I go wide open on my kick, as you should! :)

What is the difference between the Impact and the SK1? They sound similar. On the Aquarian site, it says the Impact has a ton of volume?!

On another note....Maybe an SK3? Single coated w/ a power dot? ????

Thanks all....
Minddrummer,...NEVER NEVER....I go wide open on my kick, as you should! :)

What is the difference between the Impact and the SK1? They sound similar. On the Aquarian site, it says the Impact has a ton of volume?!

On another note....Maybe an SK3? Single coated w/ a power dot? ????

The impact series has a wider felt ring which will dampen the sound more compared to an SK series.

I've been running an SK1 on my 22" yamaha kick for 14 years and it sounds great, not nearly as focused (or as it sounds to me dead) as the SK2. You won't be disappointed with switching to the SK1.

Thanks Kona ...

Anyone running an SK3 ?! Or would it be a little too 'warm' because of the coated head?

Back