Drum head

ADZ

Ok stupid question but just want to make sure. I just received my first drum head I ordered in the mail. its a hazy 300. When I took it out of the package it looked wrinkled not smooth. I just want to make sure that when you first remove the head from the box are the wrinkles normal or is the head messed up?

Perfectly normal, Dude :) Just whack her on, tune her up, and you're good to go!

Snare side heads are so thin they always look like that when they're not under tension. So yeah, put it on, tune it up and you'll be good to go!

I hope that's not the only drum head you ordered! You'll need a batter head too!

The hazy 300 goes on the bottom, or the resonant side of the snare drum, where as the batter head goes on top. Resonant heads are much thinner, which is why it's wrinkly.

I hope that's not the only drum head you ordered! You'll need a batter head too!

The hazy 300 goes on the bottom, or the resonant side of the snare drum, where as the batter head goes on top. Resonant heads are much thinner, which is why it's wrinkly.

Yeah, so do not "whack on her".

Back