New pedal thoughts

hamonrye

I've been using a single Tama Camco for 15 years and have decided to upgrade to a double. I was looking at the DW3000. I tried them at GC and they seem really smooth. I also tried the 5000 and really didn't see much of a difference. I'm able to get the 3000 for $179.00 Any thoughts?

The only other pedal that I think can compete with that considering the price range would be the Iron Cobra Jr. The pearl p902 can be found for a little less, but it is only a single chain and unless you are into single chains you will probably want a double chain.

I'm very happy with my DW 3002. As far as I can tell, it's identical to the 7000 series, and is almost indistinguishable from a Turbo 5000 pedal from 5 years ago. I think it's a great deal for a very good, solid pedal.

I was at Guitar Center Monday and they had the 5000 double on sale for $316.00 and I also had a $20.00 gift cert. So I picked it up. Smooth, sweet action. I'm glad I waited for the 5000.

The accelerator. I liked the 3000 and could have saved $100.00 but the 5000 felt better and more responsive. I have 30 days so if I don't like it I will take it back. But it did feel good.

Back