Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Great job as always Mike.
I look forward to your pics every year.
Thanks

The last ones: some more from LUDWIG - thanks Mike....

Attachments

• ludwig16.jpg
    ludwig16.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 700
  • ludwig17.jpg
    ludwig17.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 700
  • ludwig18.jpg
    ludwig18.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 698
  • ludwig19.jpg
    ludwig19.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 709
  • ludwig20.jpg
    ludwig20.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 708
Ludwig loves to do those big kits at NAMM, don't they? Almost like they're trying to woo Sticks away from Mapex...

Last edited:
Ludwig loves to do those bit kits at NAMM, don't they? Almost like they're trying to woo Sticks away from Mapex...

Saved the best for last. Ludwig classic maple. The holy trinity. Yeah that monster kit could make Sticks think twice about Mapex. And it's white too :)

Sorry! Don't do wraps. Mapex actually paints their sparkles on. :p

Drew Hester & Tris Imboden of Chicago - Mike Velazquez....

Attachments

• miketris.jpg
    miketris.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 613
Thanks for the great pictures guys!!

Love the Carmine snare!

Does anyone own or know someone who owns one of those Molecules kits? I always wonder if drummers actually buy things like that with an innovative yet strange look...
Would love to hear about it if you have them or have played them?
:)

Ami

Thanks for the great pictures guys!!

Love the Carmine snare!

Does anyone own or know someone who owns one of those Molecules kits? I always wonder if drummers actually buy things like that with an innovative yet strange look...
Would love to hear about it if you have them or have played them?

Ami

I played the one they had on the floor. Even spoke to the manufacturer rep and he agreed to sell me one at dealer cost (which is way less than he'd sell them to the public). The drums actually do sound good - just like drums. So if you wanted the right sound but a weird look, these would be it. For the price I could get them for, I'm considering a set of 20 bass, 12 tom, and 14 floor tom. It'd be like a really strange Ludwig Downbeat ;)

I played the one they had on the floor. Even spoke to the manufacturer rep and he agreed to sell me one at dealer cost (which is way less than he'd sell them to the public). The drums actually do sound good - just like drums. So if you wanted the right sound but a weird look, these would be it. For the price I could get them for, I'm considering a set of 20 bass, 12 tom, and 14 floor tom. It'd be like a really strange Ludwig Downbeat ;)

You the worst part about NAMM? We were both there and didn't meet. :-(

Those drums did sound nice, but down side if they force the user to mount the toms at steep angle.

Thanks Bo! It's great to get info from someone who has tried them. If they sound like good drums I guess the only difference is, as you say, a weird look. Not sure that's for me. Also, taking them to a gig looks like a headache. Do let us know if you end up getting them, would be nice to see a video from a fellow DW brother.
Ami

You the worst part about NAMM? We were both there and didn't meet. :-(

Those drums did sound nice, but down side if they force the user to mount the toms at steep angle.

Hey DrumEatDrum,
Another good point... seems even less practical for me if they only work for a steep tom setup.
Still, it's great to see that new products and innovations are constantly being produced, (even if this one is not for me. )
Ami

Back