Troll Control.

Could well be, Stan. So it wasn't the reading thread? After a while I tuned out of that one because it became one of those painful round-and-round things.

If it was the troll music thread, I might have missed him being insulting on there because there were some pretty harsh comments directed at him and it wasn't fun to read (although I liked Jay's tips early on). But some responses seemed to be designed to bring the worst of an unstable character with weird paradigms. Personally, I prefer not to poke a rabid dog in the eye (most of the time ... ahem)

Still, credit where credit's due - the seat belt and milk threads cracked me up :)

Yes that one... the last 20 posts got pretty ugly with the insults {from him} flying free with the last one from him directed towards ALL of us being the grand prize winner that bought him him the one way ticket out of here Polly.

To say he had some serious "issues" to take care of would be a complete understatement LOL!

The ongoing meatloaf references kept me hungry though :}

P.S. trust me he'll try to come back under yet another new name to finish the job because he's just to pissed off at the world {us} to let it go. You'll know him when you see him right away though as I said to Bernhard.

As long as things don't get personally insulting, I like hearing different, even opposite POV's.

As long as things don't get personal.

That seems to be weak point in forums. Like just because people are thousands of miles/km away from each other, that doesn't make it OK to be condescending. Kinda cowardly really. Disagreements escalate into personal attacks. Why is that? Insecurity I guess. Thinking that there the world is black and white, with no grey areas. It's OK to disagree. One mans truth is anothers lie. That's the way it is. You have to just accept that and understand that there are people who are going to be polar opposite.

What is so hard about that?

Ahhhh, Meatloaf!
Im hungry!
Let's eat Stan.
Im going to heat up some LEFTOVER TROLL MEAT

If it was the troll music thread, I might have missed him being insulting on there because there were some pretty harsh comments directed at him and it wasn't fun to read (although I liked Jay's tips early on). But some responses seemed to be designed to bring the worst of an unstable character with weird paradigms. Personally, I prefer not to poke a rabid dog in the eye (most of the time ... ahem)

He's a big boy Pol.

FWIW, I'd argue that he poked the dog first......then seemed to sit back in genuine amazement when he got his fingers bitten.

Live by the sword and you'll die by it, I guess.

I'd argue that he poked the dog first......then seemed to sit back in genuine amazement when he got his fingers bitten.
He totally set himself up. Posted a thread of ... his own playing ... to draw fire.​

We should start a lotto, on when he'll return. I bet within 2 weeks.​

He totally set himself up. Posted a thread of ... his own playing ... to draw fire.

Harry, people sometimes do funny things when the red curtain comes down. Funny people do even funnier things ... I've seen whole nations do funny things when blinded by frustration and anger ... it's a funny old world ...

I suspect Mark was trying to show that he could actually play and wasn't a pretender, ie. "I might not be able to read but I can play okay". I doubt he wouldn't have expected his foes from the other thread to comment and rag his playing out because they hardly ever comment in the Your Playing section, and those who are regulars there are usually highly supportive.

That's my take on it ...

Harry, people sometimes do funny things when the red curtain comes down. Funny people do even funnier things ... I've seen whole nations do funny things when blinded by frustration and anger ... it's a funny old world ...

I suspect Mark was trying to show that he could actually play and wasn't a pretender, ie. "I might not be able to read but I can play okay". I doubt he wouldn't have expected his foes from the other thread to comment and rag his playing out because they hardly ever comment in the Your Playing section, and those who are regulars there are usually highly supportive.

That's my take on it ...

Just to set the record straight before history gets rewritten on his behavior Polly. I never ONCE commented about his playing BUT he sure came back in FULL attack mode with both barrels blazing to sure get mean spirited with me, about me, and my playing in a very negative and personal level and way. Many others here too were on the same lovely recieving end and NONE of it was very pretty or called for in my view.

Did you miss his "wonderful" summary about the general quality of the drummers who are members here at DW and where he put himself in direct comparison in that regard? It wasn't flattering or pretty believe me or correct by any stretch of the imagination from this poor tormented soul, just full of hate and contempt for everyone and their playing on the forum. Guess not?......

Bernhard didn't seem to have much of a problem deleting his entire thread on the spot after reading the final chapter on this guys best effort of a nasty to the bone delivery. Banned yet again.

That's the facts and lets stick to them in case you have a personal problem with him being banned which correct me if i'm wrong is the impression from you i'm getting at this point. He went WAY over the line in a sad negative way and got banned....that's the truth from someone in the direct line of fire of his sad display of forum behavior as it went down.

Last edited:
Harry, people sometimes do funny things ...
Indeed, my join date is Jan. 2006. I seen that cat come...and go...3 times now.​
In fact, i've seen quite a few cats, come and go. I suffer from CRS (can't remember squat). So one of the "things" I started "doing" was writting down real peoples names, and ages, next to their user names ... whenever someone offered that info up. 'cause so many people are here under the "witness protection program" .... no name, no age ... nadda info. typed into their profile.​
Now, mind you, this is just a memory aid. Or started out, that way. Then, I started adding "footnotes" .... this cats cool .... this guys a 17 y.o. chucklehead, etc. Then the 1st time "someone" got banned ... I looked on my list ... oh yeah ... chucklehead.... figures.​
Well, you shoulda read some of the "member" reactions to this guy getting banned ... How could they? He didn't deserve it? And I thought to myself ... waddaya mean, the guy went way outta bounds.​
So this led me to start "the list" .... and no, I don't mean the list, that Guitar Center has, of prices so low.... no ... my "list" of cats that should be/are looking to be banned ...​
Now, I won't say who's on the list, but it's about 4 years old. I won't saw how many names are on the list, but I will say I'm running about 80% right, as far as who I write down, and then who gets the boot. And only 2 names ... on my list ... are still active members, here, currently. No doubt, they cleaned up their act, a bit.​

That's my take on it ...

My take on it ... is the cat's a sociopath...​

Hey Stan, didn't know he'd had a general potshot at everyone. Just trying to see things from the other side - how he'd be seeing things through his eyes. Once the red mist comes down people can do things they later regret (or should regret). Methinks he has a lot of red mist.

Don't get wrong ... I've just always had sympathy for underdogs, even when they are batty. That's just how I roll. I will readily forgive people for giving me hell too - usually twice. Like Harry, I think three strikes and out is a nice rule of thumb.

Never mind. Since he's a poor listener so at least we'll have less of those circular arguments that are such thread-killers ...

Harry, great idea to have profile records! Guess I have "wet bleeding heart" next to my name now :)

Nah, he's not a sociopath - they are known for being able to turn on the charm to manipulate people to do their bidding (think Charles Manson). Call me crazy, but I don't think Mark has the charm chops to be a sociopath ... probably more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_6jagv_D4

Bet you already knew what the link was before clicking :)

Bernhard didn't seem to have much of a problem deleting his entire thread on the spot after reading the final chapter on this guys best effort of a nasty to the bone delivery..

NO!! Yes i have problems to erase whole threads. But when i try to delete some posts of a user, the quotes about his posts - with included posts themselfs - stay up. So i should starting also to edit the replies and then again also some more answers. This is sometimes tricky and time consuming and not my favourite task.
So it's better is to make me aware of the problems as soon they lift off...

And NO, i don't think the posters have a plan to be gentle two months and then turning nasty.
My take on this: They have problems with substances or/and alcohol and start their attacks under influence. I know this from dealing with two ex-members, which contacted me with apologies.

Bernhard

And NO, i don't think the posters have a plan to be gentle two months and then turning nasty.
My take on this: They have problems with substances or/and alcohol and start their attacks under influence. I know this from dealing with two ex-members, which contacted me with apologies.

Bernhard, that comment rings true to me. Either that or an episodic mental illness or personality disorder.

...they are known for being able to turn on the charm to manipulate people to do their bidding (think Charles Manson).

Actually, a sociopath neither has to have charm ... or be a seriel killer​
....episodic mental illness or personality disorder.
Bingo girl ... you just described ... a sociopath.​
By deffinition ... "Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others."​
And from what I saw ... this cat never offered advice ... info on vintage kits, for example ... he owned plenty ... did he ever help with someone wanting to "restore" one ... not that I ever saw.​
Plenty of times, he'd ask for advice. Should I trade this kit, for that one. And when someone would give him advice ... he'd start an argument.​
Like the ol' Fleetwood Mac song ... "but don't ask me what I think of you 'cause you might not like the answer that you want me to...​
He played that senario too many times ... I love talking about vintage drums, but come his 3rd ressurrection as Stickit, he'd burned me out.​

With those of us with ties all over the Internet it's an overall body of work to also be considered. And no you don't just say well here, I didn't see as much of that etc, etc...Part of the game is to start a fire one place then come to the friendly open door Drummerworld and reinvent yourself. Then you build up just enough friendly attributes so that they can be cashed in just in time for sympathy points when the inevitable house fire comes.

Polly, I'm not trying to be offensive to you at all when I say this. I'm really not. But I think Mark has very much played you here. And in numerous instances I have seen this behavior from him at other places. It's his game, and it's only yet another bizarre tactic. And believe me when you're usefulness is done in his eyes you will be a primary target because he will think you let him down. Then I very much want to see your comments, although I will do my level best not to say told you so.

See, what you might not be aware of is that this guy will often be playing several e venues at the same time, all with the agenda of creating a personal greatness persona and destroying as many of his imaginary enemies as possible. For a long time his three main venues of choice were drumsmylife, youtube and here. Just his drumsmylife persona alone should have ended his Internet participation forever because he was 1000 times worse there than he ever has been here.

See Polly/and others/ it really takes little sleuth work to know these things. DW isn't even close to being the only drum forum on the Internet, and for a handful of us younger guys who are kind of out there but not entirely established we make the best targets, because bat our respective ages we have obvious chinks in the armour that drives never was types like Mark crazy, because they're intensely mad that we're getting silly mid range attention and they're not. I think all that plays into all the other issues these guys have, and Bernhard's also right. When these guys start drinking and using too, then watch out. If you want further confirmation just ask Tom Grossett what has happened to him on numerous forums where trolls attacked him in several venues simultaneously for having the nerve to release popular youtubes of movie soundtracks. I never will forget that attack they gave him on the Harmony Central forums. It was crazy over there for well over a week. Who knows why that drives them nuts? But it does.

Then in Mark's case, he will even create another more humble almost victim like persona at drumchat. This is also a game, because he uses those posts to demonstrate to the world what a good guy he is when evil sobs like me ambush him when all he was trying to do was trying to do was be a friendly member of the gang before everyone got all mean with him.

I'm sorry that's just insane behavior with remarkable immaturity attached, a pretty lethal combination I think when dealing with people. And again if you don't think those kinds of guys don't pull their game in real life with more physical consequences, then I have a police report I'd like to show you. Interestingly enough that guy's initial behavior was identical to that incident, as was the forum guy who was supposedly waiting for me at a WFD comp to in his words see how fast my hands truly were. Now can you imagine a 40 year old guy actually waiting out in front of the NAMM convention for a 16 year kid to show up with a golf club in his hand because he didn't like that I contradicted him about the uses for traditional grip?

Well believe me, they're out there.

Then even if this guy's not certifiable he's at best a delusional immature child, always starting fights for no reason, then running behind a tree with a slingshot when the heat's on. Harry, you may have also forgotten his Mad Max persona. How many threads were erased over that persona? Or how about White Drummer and his racial phobias? For anyone still defending this, does none of that seriously not concern you?

Personally, I am long past defending myself for dealing out guys like this. The WFD era alone was enough to let me know quite a few things about how far people on the Internet will go to insure their imaginary little worlds.

Finally, I spent about 45 minutes last night just cleaning up psycho troll youtube comments that talked about my mom and several other related topics. Now I'm not even saying Mark did any of that, but copycats then always read forums and pull stuff besides. They're out there too.

This also doesn't mean you throw out the Internet entirely. We're just in the Dodge City era now before world wide regulation inevitably hits in a few years. So for now you take care of yourself and your business the best way you can, because this is the way we're going to be doing business for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Hey Stan, didn't know he'd had a general potshot at everyone. Just trying to see things from the other side - how he'd be seeing things through his eyes. Once the red mist comes down people can do things they later regret (or should regret). Methinks he has a lot of red mist.

Don't get wrong ... I've just always had sympathy for underdogs, even when they are batty. That's just how I roll. I will readily forgive people for giving me hell too - usually twice. Like Harry, I think three strikes and out is a nice rule of thumb.

Never mind. Since he's a poor listener so at least we'll have less of those circular arguments that are such thread-killers ...

He did Polly...truth.

Speaking of underdogs i'm the expert on it but I don't carry a big chip on my shoulder about doing my own thing or go around attacking everyone who crosses my path with personal childish insults and such. Just putting the music out there honestly because that's what I do. I might use a little sarcasm and dark humour around here to break things up especially with the obvious trolls but by no means mean to the bone attacks like fired my way or at other folks by these jokers. You can check my long post record here on that one.....

I'm simply the one who defends my position with the clear facts of the matter at hand when the rocket launches come flying in which usually sets these same nut balls off even more every time when they realize the cat's out of the bag that the emperor has no clothes to back up there mean intent that started all the "fun" to begin.

I thinks Matt's right too that he tried to play you on this one girl........

how ironic...

a whole thread dedicated to trolling a banned troll. isn't publicly bashing another person against the rules here?

how ironic...

a whole thread dedicated to trolling a banned troll. isn't publicly bashing another person against the rules here?

Then you must have missed all the fun that left us here to ponder over the facts of what truly happened with this guy for the 3rd or even 4th time that had him being banned yet again.

Maybe this thread and a open discussion of his behavior will stand as providing some examples of how NOT to interact with other forum members here.

this is riding the border between open discussion and public execution. it's almost like a wake, the dude gets banned and everybody stands around and discusses their life on the boards. he's gone, let it go. if he comes back, let bernhard deal with him. does it really require a whole thread to discuss?

not really.......

how ironic...

I think you're being sincere so let me see if I can explain why this stuff is a serious issue when the wrong kind of guy tries to know too much and causes trouble with you on the Internet to where the whole trolling issue goes somewhere else and turns serious.

Now I might have some of this right and some it wrong. But I was able to do this in less than five minutes with the help of a regular search engine.

On September 14 you were not wanting to do your English homework.

You were a pretty intense dancer at your brother's wedding, or was that your sister? All I know is that the bride was blonde and beautiful.

You care more about drumming than driving, because you love your gear but you drive around an older teal colored compact that's missing a hubcap on the front right wheel.

At the very least you're at considering pro drumming, if you're not involved already, because you've got professionally done black and white glossies out.

You have a healthy respect for performance art.

You've had an ocassional e incident yourself from time to time so you keep a lot of your personal information to yourself

Is your name Aryelle?

How did I do?

Now imagine if you're a lower end semi public drummer with an e presence and a couple of crazies want to do stuff?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but there's just more to it than you think.

Issues with this guy have gone on for years. And judging by your interest in having people stay out of your business when not asked I would think you would understand the concern. This guy is past any concern for much of anything.

umm... not correct on any of it.

i haven't taken an english class in 20 years.
i have 2 brothers, neither of which i was at their wedding and not married to a blond.... and i can't dance to save my life
my car is silver and has all it's hubcaps.
i have no black and white photos, i'm a novice drummer at best. i'm actually a guitarist and singer and if i was to turn pro it would be in one of those 2 areas. and i hate having my picture taken by anybody so chances are it isn't out there.
performance art well..... i duno maybe. since music can be classified as a performance art well then thats just obvious really.
my name is andrew not.... aryelle? where's that even from anyway? oh, and i'm a guy not a chick.....
i don't hide any information about myself or try to avoid giving details, i'm just to lazy to type it out for no reason. hell i've given out my phone number at the drop of a hat to a troll just to yell at them in person, but alass they never called. why is it they never call? i feel so unloved.....

i've delt with many people like him and a lot worse, unfortunately i won't hide and i'm the type that would just as soon deal face to face then on a forum. i probably have a better idea of whats going on then most of the people on this board as far as trolls go.

all i'm saying is this is not the right context to be doing this and is just going to fuel it when he does come back and this is no better then what he was doing. you have this concern you shoulda sent an email to bernhard and let him make a public post about what he wants the community to do. and as i feel this is a completely inappropriate way to handle these issues i'm not gonna comment on this thread anymore.

but hey that's just my opinion right?

Back