You know you're addicted to drumming when...

When you wake up in the morning with Syncopation exercises from Ramsey's Dawson book running through your head.

One of the major considerations in buying a new car is the suitability of the center portion of the steering wheel doubling as a practice pad.

Your addicted to drumming when, in the morning, when you're looking for some clothes to put on in your closet, you eventually get fed up because you cant find anything suitable to wear. Then you start tapping on your thigh a little, and then it turns into a huge jamfest with your hands, thighs, and feet. Then your dad walks in on you when your going crazy and is utterly confused about what the heck you were doing........

Yea that happened today to me.

when your waiting for the bus, and you dont realize that the bus is right in front of you because you were too busy air drumming to the track.
god that was embaressing lol.

When you're drumming on the desk in the middle of class when everyone's talking, so no one notices, then everyone stops talking, but you're still drumming, and everybody stares at you.

That happened to me last year.

You get annoyed with peoples because they don't know EVERYTHING about their drums, cymbals, hardware, ect.

You house mates are going to your favorite restaurant, and all you care about is that they are out of the house, more time alone to practice.

when i quit my job, so i can go on johnny rabbs clinic in Zagreb:)

everytime I am dancing, I get made fun of because I always have to play out the beat on my legs. I can't stop, it just feels so right.

When you see someone else that isn't a drummer tap a little beat on a surface and you secretly criticize them in your head... "he was waaaay off..."

When you dream that you are practicig moeller technique and you actually really FEEL THE REBOUND AND THE STICKS in that dream.... as it happenned to me last night.
I just loved it, I wish I could have a "Lesson Dreaming" more often.

Your loyal Border Collie has an apparent hearing loss because she wants to be in the garage when you are wailing away and you don't have the heart to shoo her away, and you dang sure aint gonna stop playing.

Last edited:
Back