Currency in the coming weeks?

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
I am wondering, how will the currency rates change in the coming weeks. Is there anyone who knows about this and can estimate?

I'm buying a kit from america, and the exchange rate has gone up. It's now costing me about 300 euros more

Got a crystal ball?

Seriously I don't think the Euro has hit rock bottom yet against the US dollar. BAD time to be purchasing stuff from the US in US based funds well the global markets are in a serious unsure mess after the Greece market meltdown being felt particularly in Europe and with its Euro at present....and everywhere else on the planet I might add on the global markets.

How long is a peice of string?

It's a bet my friend. My view may differ from yours and hence we have a market. If I knew how to successfully determine share, currency and commodity prices going forward, I'd be talking to you from my private yacht somewhere in the Mediteranean.

It's a jungle out there at the moment mate, sit back and hang on tight.......this ride ain't over yet!!

yes, the whole greece thing has really had a bad effect, might take quite a while to shake off.

about 5 weeks ago, $1=€.72
now its $1=€.81

thats a pretty big difference, especially since christmas it's been around the low 70's

Shakey, shakey, shakey ground. Now, there's even talk of Germany and France dumping the Euro. Just save your money, and buy the drums when you can. The rest is all a crapshoot.

The Aussie dollar is strong. Perhaps buy some Australian drums. Dave Sleishman is making some very nice gear. Those gum block snares are staggeringly amazing!

Or buy some great European drums. LeSoprano are doing good things.

As for the market? Economics is sheer guess work.

Yeah man, buying something from australlia would be a bargin! Pitty i already soptted the kit of my dreams! costs 2065, and thats including a new set of istanbul agop sigs. A few months ago that would have cost me 1350, now it costs me 1650....maaaan!

I'm not sure if what you are buying is in stock, but most American companies will not charge you until the item has been shipped so if there is a delay between order time and ship time the money could fluctuate either way. I guess you could find out if the items are shipping right away and have a better feel for the currency exchange.

I'm not sure if what you are buying is in stock, but most American companies will not charge you until the item has been shipped so if there is a delay between order time and ship time the money could fluctuate either way. I guess you could find out if the items are shipping right away and have a better feel for the currency exchange.

well, exchange the money that i have in euros when the exchange is good, and then keep the dollars, so they can't really screw you over at all if you do that, regardless the price will stay the same in dollars, so as long as i have the dollars in my pocket, it won't be an issue....thats right is'nt it, i'm terrible at business!

Here in Bucharest, when I go to the exchange place with my dollars, I'm seeing a depreciation of the Euro every day. It's now $1.25 for a Euro dollar, and with these new things coming out about how Spain might be just as bad off as Greece, I'm thinking we might see a straight dollar for euro trade before the end of the summer. It hasn't been that way since I was 12 years old coming here for the first time.

Here in Bucharest, when I go to the exchange place with my dollars, I'm seeing a depreciation of the Euro every day. It's now $1.25 for a Euro dollar, and with these new things coming out about how Spain might be just as bad off as Greece, I'm thinking we might see a straight dollar for euro trade before the end of the summer. It hasn't been that way since I was 12 years old coming here for the first time.

gotta say, that would be disasterous for me! and indeed all of europe, damn greece, should'nt have let them in!

Greece needs to go back to Drakmas(sp) and start printing their own money again.

I currently manage a large business importing mainly from NA into the UK, then into mainland Europe. Right now it's nasty, real nasty, & we're way off the final levelling out IMO. I have to manage these transactions on a daily basis, so I'm very well acquainted with the various trading scenarios. I'd nail that exchange rate asap if I were you. I don't see an upside to the Euro any time soon.

Back