PDP Concept Pedals...worth trading for?

blastbeatkeeper

Hello, everyone. I have been reading up on these new PDP Concept pedals, and I like them. A lot. A buddy of mine just bought a set of the doubles, and doesn't like them. Says they're too light for his taste. I have a set of Axis X doubles, and was thinking about trading him straight up, my Axis for the Concepts. Does anyone own the Concept pedals yet? Is this a good trade straight up? Were getting together tomorrow night, so he can give my Axis a run, and I can give his Concepts a run. I want to invest in a set of E-Kit triggers for my Axis, but they wont fit on the Concepts(without modifications of course). That right there is my biggest hold up. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi- financially this is not a good trade. PDP concept pedal are not even two hundred bucks for a double. Id sell your pedals and buy what you want and pocket the cash.

Hi- financially this is not a good trade. PDP concept pedal are not even two hundred bucks for a double. Id sell your pedals and buy what you want and pocket the cash.

completely agree with that statement!!!

Is there a reason you are wanting to get rid of or change pedals?

To me the concept series is a big step down/backwards from the axis

I agree. The Concept pedals are great, and I love what PDP is doing with that brand, but yikes they are not an even trade for an Axis. You could sell your Axes and buy five Concept pedals with the profits. If you like the feel of the Concepts better, then sell your Axes somewhere else and buy a Concept... not worth the trade.

i have the concept pedals.

they are simple built pedals for a budget price. they are good pedals but compared to the axis (from what others tell me and reading) you will be stepping down.

5269558397_ce3e86c6cb_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22320444@N08/5269558397/sizes/o/in/photostream/

The PDPs felt really sluggish to me when I tried them out. They certainly didn't feel like they would be good for metal paying (which is what I assume you're doing). I would stick with the Axis pedals

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I wanted to trade due to the fact the PDPs are longboards, and it would cost me about the price of the PDPs to upgrade my Axis to longboards. It was in the back of my mind not to trade, I think it was just the "new gear bug" getting to me...Im going to keep the Axis and upgrade them to longboards and get the E-Kits for them.

Probably a good idea.

I've traded down on things a few times, but only when I was very sure it would work out better for me.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I wanted to trade due to the fact the PDPs are longboards, and it would cost me about the price of the PDPs to upgrade my Axis to longboards. It was in the back of my mind not to trade, I think it was just the "new gear bug" getting to me...Im going to keep the Axis and upgrade them to longboards and get the E-Kits for them.

Honestly, I don't think the Concepts are "authentic" longboards. Im pretty sure there's still a heel plate combined with a slightly longer footboard.

I owned one of these for about 24 hours earlier this week. I don't know if it's a design flaw or if the one I got was messed up, and the 2nd one in stock at the store I got it from had the same issue. The stroke adjustment is round, and has a round clamp that tightens it. After maybe 15 minuets of use the stroke adjustment had stripped it's self and the pedal lost all tension and became unusable. I figured-oh maybe it shipped not tightened fully and re-tightened with a high-tension key and same issue happens after a songs worth of playing. I returned it and messed with another in store, and the drum guy noticed the same thing, agreed it was a stupid design. The dw 5000 stroke adjustment is square, so nothing to spin loose and strip it's self.

I ended up getting my money back and would not recommend these at all. It is a bummer because it felt similar to my dw5000's before it became un-useable. The guy at the drum shop emailed DW about it, and informed me I was the first person to purchase one from them since they had gotten them in stock.

I owned one of these for about 24 hours earlier this week. I don't know if it's a design flaw or if the one I got was messed up, and the 2nd one in stock at the store I got it from had the same issue. The stroke adjustment is round, and has a round clamp that tightens it. After maybe 15 minuets of use the stroke adjustment had stripped it's self and the pedal lost all tension and became unusable. I figured-oh maybe it shipped not tightened fully and re-tightened with a high-tension key and same issue happens after a songs worth of playing. I returned it and messed with another in store, and the drum guy noticed the same thing, agreed it was a stupid design. The dw 5000 stroke adjustment is square, so nothing to spin loose and strip it's self.

I ended up getting my money back and would not recommend these at all. It is a bummer because it felt similar to my dw5000's before it became un-useable. The guy at the drum shop emailed DW about it, and informed me I was the first person to purchase one from them since they had gotten them in stock.

Wow this is great! Im pretty sure I know what you're talking about as I was dealing with the same issue you're describing with my new Dw5000ad4. A lot of the adjustments have become hex wrench operated as opposed to the previous key operated screws. To tell you the truth I was really disappointed in this once it became an issue. There was so much hype about all the upgrades that they forgot a few things(I feel). To be honest, I prefer my Td3 to the new version.

Back