I am not used to...

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
the attention Yolanda generates. Every single gig without fail since I started using her, there is always someone coming up to admire/ask about her. Before Yolanda, that would basically not happen.

Trying to explain how the drums are made, how I met Andy on an international internet drum forum, and that we had similar ideas about drum building, and that the re rings are milled in not glued in etc. results in baffled looks. I realize what a geek I must sound like lol. It's not a story you hear everyday. I don't even bother trying to explain the tympanic edges lol. People notice the contrasting maple hoops a lot, they ask what kind of wood the shell is, and I've had some really great reports of how good they sound out there. (They are all tuned to notes!) Even people you wouldn't think would notice things like this, like the hottest woman in the room one night, approached me about her. I do feel privileged to be a Guru ambassador. Nothing but superlatives do I hear. I can't lie, it's pretty cool.

I do feel privileged to be a Guru ambassador. Nothing but superlatives do I hear. I can't lie, it's pretty cool.

Larry, change your first name to Ambassador.

Should help you to get immediate seating at fine restaurants.

Has to be that natural wood that appeals. It does to me. I would be looking close up for sure.

It is always nice to like or love one's instrument. Drum on! Peace and goodwill.

Very cool Larry. Good to hear this!

I'm wondering, out of all of the people who commented on the drums; what percent were motivated by how they look as opposed to how they sound?

You can leave out the "hottest woman in the room" from your statistics......

Thanks.

Very cool Larry. Good to hear this!

I'm wondering, out of all of the people who commented on the drums; what percent were motivated by how they look as opposed to how they sound?

You can leave out the "hottest woman in the room" from your statistics......

Thanks.

Mainly looks. A few commented on tone, but people mainly respond to the look.

Mainly looks. A few commented on tone, but people mainly respond to the look.

Super !

Please post a picture of Yolanda. I have seen her before but I forget exactly what she looks like. Drum eye candy never gets old.

Really looks over tone gets most attention. Jeez people are so shallow. She sure is a beauty for sure but when she sings that's when she gets all sexy to me. You still have the toms mounted on the kick-that still working for you Larry? You ever gig your Origin kit?

First of all, I had to work out that you were talking about drums and not an actual woman :)

Secondly, if you use a kit that no-one has heard of and looks that good then you'll always get interest. Even from people who have heard of Guru will still want to hear from someone who uses it daily.

I think looks are the most important to most people unfortunately, but then, why would you pay a load of money for something that looks like a piece of sh1t? I know looks are subjective but we all have a certain standard about what looks good, others just try too hard to be different at times I find.

I get lots of comments about my Sonor but again, I think it's due to the lovely nussbaum finish rather than the rich warm power of the drums. Or maybe it's because Danny Carey uses these in Volto :)

Silly man. De-tune every third lug, fix the bearing edges with a wood rasp and paint her flat black. You'll never get a second glance or comment. Or ship her to Lansing, MI, c/o Smoke. Either method will solve your inordinate attention problem while you bask in your newfound anonymity.

Glad I could help!

V/R, Smoke

Silly man. De-tune every third lug, fix the bearing edges with a wood rasp and paint her flat black. You'll never get a second glance or comment. Or ship her to Lansing, MI, c/o Smoke. Either method will solve your inordinate attention problem while you bask in your newfound anonymity.

Glad I could help!

V/R, Smoke

I'd give them to you before I would ever do that!

Thanks for the offer to help. You're the only one who actually offered help. I will consider your offer.

OK done considering, I think I will suffer through the attention :)

What does V/R mean?

Don't make any snap decisions about Yolanda's disposition, UL, I can wait. ;-)

V/R - very respectfully

Back