drum mat

wert90

is there any options that are cheaper than the protection racket drum mat?

im using a piece of carpet at the moment but its scruffy and colourful. my chances of finding some black carpet are pretty slim but the protection racket seems a lot of cash! surely another company has thought of this too.

thanks

Check walmart, I picked up a 6'x 9' area rug in a solid gray that works great for $20! Black carpet will be very hard to find! Check local carpet stores as well they sometimes have remnants. Might have to keep checking back at walmart or the carpet places but you should be able to come up with something to your liking that's not going to break the bank!

Check walmart, I picked up a 6'x 9' area rug in a solid gray that works great for $20! Black carpet will be very hard to find! Check local carpet stores as well they sometimes have remnants. Might have to keep checking back at walmart or the carpet places but you should be able to come up with something to your liking that's not going to break the bank!

yup yup!

Got a 6x8' Utility Rug from Target. Liked it so much I bought one for gigging and another just for my drum room. $19.99 each!

Instead of spending 60$ on that drum rug with the bass drum stopper just get some bolts and a 2x4. Bolt it to the carpet and put a little padding so the drum doesnt hit wood and for like 2$ (bolts) plus a cheap carpet remanent you have saved like over 50$

IMO I'd avoid "drum rugs." They're expensive and most are too thin to do the job properly.

Last summer my kit had a gig with several bands. The drummer in the band prior to his had a "drum rug" with a bass drum stopper. The stopper worked great but by the end of his set the whole rug was scrunched around--from all the stands sliding. Looked ridiculous and plainly didn't work.

Walmart, Home Depot, etc., as recommended above.

cheers for the advise guys.

im going to go to the local carpet store and see what theyve got. ive looked on ebay for some rough prices but im hoping they have a horrible colour they are trying to flog. shame its raining else i would be there now!

i guess im kind of looking for a super big door mat. hard wearing carpet on the top and rubberon the bottom. sturdy too as i have used a blanket when in dire straights and it wasnt much better!

as for the stopper block thing. is that really necessary when then pedal is velcro'd and the spurs and angled correctly? I've never had trouble before....
cheers

Target has rugs. Try a carpet store too. Craigslist HOUSEHOLD tab, search rugs by price there.

I got my rug from IKEA for $50.

0086455_PE215166_S4.JPG

What about commercial/industrial floormats? Such as what is at the front door of the grocery store...these come in black and already have a non-slip bottom.

What about commercial/industrial floormats? Such as what is at the front door of the grocery store...these come in black and already have a non-slip bottom.

yerp! ive just ordered one. i was thinking of them but didnt know what they're called. the internet saved the day again, its called a 'barrier mat'. seems the best deal around, is hard wearing and doesnt make the kit look ugly.

found some pretty large ones on ebay too. defiantly saved some cash there.

Those are called walk off mats. Heavy rubber with carpet on top. I paid 30.00 for mine at Bed, bath, and Beyond my Budget, 6 x 9 with a smaller mat rolled up inside. It can be seen in most of my Gretsch shots.

Back