Steve Ferrone

Pretty sure Robbie plays on pick up the pieces, as he plays on the whole of 'the white album' and ferrone took over when Robbie died of drugs overdose(I think) after that album. Cut the cake is their next album with Ferrone on.

You just gotta love his groove.His work with Petty is unbelievable,he is without a doubt one of the best pocket drummers around.I was listening to Wildflowers last night while enjoying an adult beverage with a few friends,his drumming can really bring you places.SUPERB.

I was watching the video "I Should Have Now It" with Tom Petty. Steve Ferrone plays for the song, the feel, the heart. His drumming is based more on the song than the drums itself..........excellent different drummer.

Attachments

• steveferrone2.jpg
    steveferrone2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 861
It Up and More Head are Steve's own albums and you should check them out. Some covers, some originals, but all good funky stuff.

Yes, I will check them - Mayor and thanks a lot for your input.

It Up and More Head are Steve's own albums and you should check them out. Some covers, some originals, but all good funky stuff.

I found his interview in Drumhead quite interesting. I get the feeling he is a bit of hothead that won't back down from a brawl. He really comes across as very confident which shows in his playing.

I read that entire interview and it was great. I met him here at a drum clinic and he was as down to earth as one could be. As he was signing an autograph we were talking football.soccer.
I'm also glad that someone else has found Drumhead magazine.

I LOVE that mag. The monthly cd with high quality play alongs by Art Bernstein are a lot of fun. They also get some great interviews.

Pick up the pieces sounds nothing like Steve Ferrone. I don't get it how people assume it's him when AWB had a different drummer at the time. If you know you his groove, you know it's not him.

Been listening to this guy's playing off Tom Petty's Wildflowers for a while now. He is fantastic, plays for the music, and it fits perfectly. 'You Wreck Me' and 'It's Good to Be King' really stand out for me off that album because of his playing.

I had no idea he played on the Clapton Unplugged album. I'm going to re-listen to that, that's made my day!

Been listening to this guy's playing off Tom Petty's Wildflowers for a while now. He is fantastic, plays for the music, and it fits perfectly. 'You Wreck Me' and 'It's Good to Be King' really stand out for me off that album because of his playing.

I had no idea he played on the Clapton Unplugged album. I'm going to re-listen to that, that's made my day!
Great album for Steve. Though he has stated he his not proud of it, I love his playing on Duran Duran's Notorious too.

I read that entire interview and it was great. I met him here at a drum clinic and he was as down to earth as one could be. As he was signing an autograph we were talking football.soccer.

I met him at the same clinic if it was the one at the Old Tampa Mars Music (now a Guitar Center). LMK if you'd like any of the shots.

He's dynamite and one of the nicest down to earth guys I've ever met. There were quite a few folks at the clinic and he stayed, signed, took pictures with EVERYBODY, and hung out until he had spoken with everyone waiting to talk to him. Just a nice guy

Back