Alesis Sampling Pad

2bsticks

Platinum Member
Hi, I was thinking of picking one of these up. Any of you use one of these? I was hoping to upload some sound clips and use them during the night. I do know you need to download Audacity and the sound files need to be mono only. I also heard it's a very tedious process and if that's the case I won't bother getting one.

Any info is appreciated, or if anyone else has a better idea of what works for them.

By the way the cost of this is $199.00 at MF.

Attachments

• Alesis sampling pad.jpg
    Alesis sampling pad.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,311
Thanks Bermuda, looks like since I last posted on this you are having fun with it. Glad to see it's working out. I read a couple of articles and some people were complaining that trying to upload their own sounds was pretty complicated! I know me and if It became to tedious I would just put it aside and forget about it.

Appreciate the feedback.

It's very simple to load sounds and set parameters, MUCH easier and down & dirty than the Roland. If it just had more ram, I'd be using it on tour instead!

Bermuda

Hi Bermuda,

I just pulled the trigger and bought one. Should have it next week. Do you use Audacity to export wav files to the SD card? I am OK with computer software, just wondering what is the easiest way that you found to do this?

Thanks for the support.

2B

I use and prefer Sound Forge, but it's hardly free. I only suggest Audacity because people like free stuff, and I'm sure it's suitable for editing basic .wav files. I have the program, but I don't use it. Sound Forge is way more powerful.

Bermuda

Back