Drumming cartoons

Mate - Polly did a very good job on you...Oooh my little doggy! :*)

She did. Its there somwhere near the begining of the thread. I have a lower lip that got stung by a bumblebee, my one eye is melting off my face like a Salvador Dali painting and I look an ugly18. Other than that, its spot on ; )

Attachments

• yarts_abe.jpg
    yarts_abe.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 991
Last edited:
Drum School Entrance Exam:

Attachments

• Drum School Entrance Exam.jpg
    Drum School Entrance Exam.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 3,862
Can't say, Henri.

I have heard many carols butchered by little dears who inflict their practice on the public and get more drops than people who can actually play - just because it's cute. Scrooge understood before he was seduced by supernatural thinking.

For a thread about drumming cartoons, this is remarkably void of them. Having said that, I don't have one to post myself, but I am looking for one. It was from a 1970's-80's Playboy magazine ( I just read them for the articles). It featured an orchestral tympanist from a perspective over his shoulder. In the distance can be seen the conductor waving his baton. The tympanist's kettles are very cartoonish, resting on tripods of three sticks bound together. Large t-handle tension rods are protruding from the drums. His mallets have large ends and the strings binding them on the shaft can be seen. He is a chubby, somewhat bald character (much like myself) with a few curlycues of hair coming from his smooth head. He has an uncertain look on his face as if he is about to play a difficult passage. His music stand can be seen with this written on the pages:

Boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,

If anyone can find this cartoon and, better yet, post it, I would appreciate it.

Yeah, I know, Zickos. I did a fair few of them earlier on, but ...

I did a search for the orchestra cartoon you mentioned without luck, but did come across this cracker

Striver-9-16-06-tribute-ban.gif

i like all three of these very much. The Grei and The Gurus.

i like all three of these very much. The Grei and The Gurus.

Thank you Uncle Ghee ;)

The 4 portraits of Grea should have been posted in Polly's 10 000 posts tribute thread, but I didn't included them back then, since this thread seems to be lacking in cartoons, I thought it was the right time to upload them :)

The single Grea drawing is inspired from her recent health retreat, lol.

The Guru cartoon is my tribute to the "cappucino" that I love so much.

Last edited:
OMG Henri, I hadn't seen these rather disturbing pictures of me ... the "me" with the umbrella is especially scary looking!

I really must get back to it in the new year ...

For a thread about drumming cartoons, this is remarkably void of them. Having said that, I don't have one to post myself, but I am looking for one. It was from a 1970's-80's Playboy magazine ( I just read them for the articles). It featured an orchestral tympanist from a perspective over his shoulder. In the distance can be seen the conductor waving his baton. The tympanist's kettles are very cartoonish, resting on tripods of three sticks bound together. Large t-handle tension rods are protruding from the drums. His mallets have large ends and the strings binding them on the shaft can be seen. He is a chubby, somewhat bald character (much like myself) with a few curlycues of hair coming from his smooth head. He has an uncertain look on his face as if he is about to play a difficult passage. His music stand can be seen with this written on the pages:

Boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,
boom, boom, boom, boom,

If anyone can find this cartoon and, better yet, post it, I would appreciate it.

I'm still looking. Anyone have an idea?

Zickos, you'll find it on this page: http://www.offthemark.com/cartoons/drummer/

A couple of the others are funny too ... the liver, Willie's ancestor (ha!) and intellectual property.

I wish I'd thought of the "boom boom" idea - it would have been funnier if the drummer was reading his page just like the others ... seriously interpreting the boom booms.

Or was he looking nonplussed because he was expecting proper drum music but some clueless buffoon of a musical director has just notated his primitive notion of drumming??

Nawww ...

Back