$1000.00 Acrolite?

I may be wrong, but I am very doubtful that Ludwig powder coated that acrolite that color. It's probably a case of where someone did that on their own.

I may be wrong, but I am very doubtful that Ludwig powder coated that acrolite that color. It's probably a case of where someone did that on their own.

Regardless of that fact, $1000 for an acolyte??

Is this person nuts?!?!

Maybe he'd get that kind of money if the snare belonged to Ringo or Bonzo or somebody like that!

I guess the answer is, "it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay."

My answer? No. :)

radman

There are a lot of people with more money than brains.

Be interesting to see where it ends up.

$1,000 and it still needs a new throwoff...

i actually saw a green one on ebay not too long ago... i'm pretty sure it was an acrolite. the last bid i remember seeing was $48. i wonder how much it sold for.

I'm sure it was a mistake and the person accidentally or unknowingly added a zero.

I just switched out my BOB for my Acrolite last night. It's a wonderful little snare. I think I'll play it for awhile and give BOB a rest.

Judging by all the accolades I've heard about the Acrolites over the years, I believe that is a fair asking price. Granted, the drum is quite old but I'm surprised the throw-off would need to be replaced. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Has to be a mistake. But the seller only has 5 items for sale. You would think he/she would have noticed. $1000? No freakin way.

That seller is woefully misinformed.He also has an 80's acro shell only,rounded B/O badge with the then standard finish,with no hardware and a dent there the strainer was(probably dropped) that he want 89 US for.

He contends that the drum is "rare".There are tens of thousand of that particular type of acro finished complete drums out there ,that sell for 100 US or under.

That drum is either refinished or a salesman/drum show drum,like 10 lug 5" acros and 8 lug supras that show up sometimes.(I know Jules is going to read that,and ask for an explaination)

The seller is smoking rubber bands.:)

Steve B

Well, well, well ... less than 24 hours left and no bids yet.

....and I had my acro all ready for some pink paint .... :p

radman

If he really thinks someone's gonna fork out that kind of money for an Acro, it ain't sand he's pounding, Zeph.

It'll come off in his hand if he's not careful.

ROFL.......no kidding, huh? hahaha! What a d*bag.

I was trying to sell mine for $125obo and I didn't get one call. I think I'll keep it because I paid a hundred for mine and put new heads on it.

Someone's trying to make money over us poor drummers...

My spider sense tell me the pink powder coating was done by an old owner...

Back