Double cymbal stand strength?

JohnnySomersett

Hey everyone

I'm about to branch out into having more than 1 cymbal and wanted some reassurance on an idea about mounting. Ive bought a 24" Crash and a 20" ride that I'm going to have over to my right, at about 2 o'clock and 3 o'clock. Ive had loads of cymbals in my setup back when I was a kid, but times have changed, newer stuff is available and, with my aching joints weight is more of an issue so anything to keep the hardware case down in weight is a blessing!!

Do you think one of those double boom stands will hold up to that much weight at it's extremities? or should I be looking at another solution?

Thanks

Do you think one of those double boom stands will hold up to that much weight at it's extremities?

Easily.

Two cymbals really isn't all that much. Check some of the kits here. Guys are flying a couple of cymbals and a large tom or two off their stands. A lot of the modern day double braced hardware is over engineered. Honestly, half of it could easily survive re-entry from space. Two cymbals really ain't gonna be a burden to it.

The only consideration you really need to take into account is that of balance. Just make sure you have one of the tripod legs under where the most weight distribution is. That'll ensure the stand doesn't tip over when you start laying into them. More applicable when you have toms mounted as well, but always worthy of consideration nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back