Updated Travis Barker

remoking

Here's the most recent video of Mr. Barker behind the drums. Simple, but glad to see his recovery from the plane crash progressing.

Can't really hear the singing at all, but travis steals the show =P

Song starts at 2:30. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEet2QCc04

Last edited:
he looks pretty good for someone who almost got burned to death in a plane crash. i'm glad he's doing well.

I expected his tattoos to be a blue blur after the burns but the ones on his arms are still ok.
His playing is up to speed as far as I can tell :) Good to see, even though I am not a fan.

This is really cool. No matter how overrated he is and will become, he'll always have chops.

Indeed he will. I still think it's entirely ridiculous how many people find Travis Barker so "overrated". I think that fact in itself is even more "overrated". He deserves every bit of recognition he gets. He's collaborated with so many hip-hop artists out there, he's had his own reality show, he runs a clothing line (going on strong for 10 years now), he was married to the former Miss USA . Oh and not to mention...he's in the biggest punk rock band in the world. Blink 182 is the very genesis of the punk rock scene today. I can't even begin to explain how big they are in European countries, let alone the U.S.

Blink-182, 17 years deep in their legacy.

Is it a plastic beater on a tight head??

That is much better.

Indeed he will. I still think it's entirely ridiculous how many people find Travis Barker so "overrated". I think that fact in itself is even more "overrated". He deserves every bit of recognition he gets. He's collaborated with so many hip-hop artists out there, he's had his own reality show, he runs a clothing line (going on strong for 10 years now), he was married to the former Miss USA . Oh and not to mention...he's in the biggest punk rock band in the world. Blink 182 is the very genesis of the punk rock scene today. I can't even begin to explain how big they are in European countries, let alone the U.S.

Blink-182, 17 years deep in their legacy.

Hmmmm, not to disagree but not much of that stuff has anything to do with him being overrated as a drummer. I believe that he is not only overrated, but extremely overrated. The Kardashians have (or had, not sure) a reality show and not one of them is a good drummer. I think you posted this same thing in Travis' own thread and I still think that he is though of much too highly (which isn't his fault). I am happy for him, but I think the rabid fans are a bit "uninformed".

EDIT: You already responded to my argument in a different thread.

Last edited:
EDIT: You already responded to my argument in a different thread.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah. I only posted it here in reply to Josh.

I'm glad he's back to drumming, but I wonder why he didn't do the fill intro at the start of 'rock show'. A really fun drummer to watch.

But Blink 182 really aren't 'the genesis' of punk rock today, that would mean they were at the creation of punk rock which they most definitely were not.

Tom

Last edited:
say what you want about his drumming (i think he's good, personally) but one thing he has in common with a lot of other "household name" drummers is he's a great showman! he's exciting, in your face, and fun to watch. that's why non-drummers like him so much.

say what you want about his drumming (i think he's good, personally) but one thing he has in common with a lot of other "household name" drummers is he's a great showman! he's exciting, in your face, and fun to watch. that's why non-drummers like him so much.

You're exactly right. I mean, this guy brings joy to so many faces, and I can imagine thousands of people buying tickets to a blink show just to watch him perform.

Back