Fun with my restored Rogers Big R kit!

That was really nice sounding. I like that groove, it's cool. Unfortunately it's too good not to steal. So I'm stealing it, sorry. Nice job on the drums, they look brand new.

@BacteriumFendYoke: thanks a lot! The toms had different head combinations because it was the first time I set the drums up. 12" tom: Amba coated, Renaissance reso. 13" tom: old Amba coated, Amba coated. 16" floor: old Amba coated, original Rogers batter as a reso.

@larryace: hey, no problem, drumming is all about stealing! Thats what I did, too! :)

cheers
max

Great sound!!! Just snare & overhead? Valve preamp offers a lovely warm tone too, but that doesn't detract from how good the kit sounds. Bit of reverb, or just the room sound? I notice the nice painted brick wall behind you, so I'm thinking it's a nice lively sound (that I love. I can't stand dead recording rooms).

Loving the groove too - also stolen ;) ;) ;)

Hey, thanks again!

The mic setup is:

stereo ohs: Oktava MK012

kick in: EV 868

kick out/fok: Mojave MA201 fet

snaredrum: Telefunken M80

The secret behind the room sound is a ribbon mic which I position behind the opened studiodoor on the long hallway. So the answer would be: no additional effects whatsoever, just little compression in the channels and a little balancing via low cut. And panning, of course.

cheers
max

Back