I own a Dw5000 single pedal.....

TheGoodFight

Hey everyone. I'm in need of some advice. I live in the middle of no where so music shops are a ways away.

I own and have played a Dw 5000 single pedal for probably 12 years. I got really quick with one foot but now i have to bite the bullet and get a double pedal. I'm leaning towards an Iron Cobra Power Glide. I need something with uniformity between the 2 pedals. Most i've tried had a significant "lag" in the drone pedal and i couldn't get the same speed out of the master pedal. What are your thoughts and Thank you for your input!

J

Depending how much you want to spend, for instance you could stick with your trusted DW5000's or you could upgrade to 9000's if you want chain drive :]

Tama is bringing out a new pedal i believe they call a speed cobra (read around the site, use search) which looks very promising.

However if you want performance to the max try out the pearl demon drives or axis longboards, these have next to, or zero lag to them whatsoever! However direct drive pedals are not for everyone, and these are rather expensive.

Hope this helps :] George.

I own a DW5000 double pedal and I can tell you the slave is quite laggy so I would would stay away from that one. The direct drives sound like they might be what you're after. Or maybe a nylon strap.

I'd really reccommend trying a direct drive pedal before you lash out and buy one. I know you've said this is difficult, but they are a totally different feel to what you are used to and they are not for everybody.

The information you've been given already is correct, the slave pedal really does feel like the master, but the overall pedal feel with a direct drive is much lighter and more responsive than a chain drive. They really do 'keep you honest'. If it's at all possible, get your feet on these before you lay down a heap of coin only to decide you don't like the feel.

I did try out some 9000's recently, very nice indeed. Expensive, but also worth a look.

Pedals are such a personal thing....it's very hard to reccommend 1 pedal that will suit all players. I really think you should make a special trip out of it and get your feet on everything you possibly can. It may be a logistical nightmare for you, but the benefits will be worth it.

I own a DW5000 double pedal and I can tell you the slave is quite laggy so I would would stay away from that one. The direct drives sound like they might be what you're after. Or maybe a nylon strap.

I'd really reccommend trying a direct drive pedal before you lash out and buy one. I know you've said this is difficult, but they are a totally different feel to what you are used to and they are not for everybody.

The information you've been given already is correct, the slave pedal really does feel like the master, but the overall pedal feel with a direct drive is much lighter and more responsive than a chain drive. They really do 'keep you honest'. If it's at all possible, get your feet on these before you lay down a heap of coin only to decide you don't like the feel.
The sluggishness of the slave pedal has nothing to do with the way the footboard is connected to the main axle - it's all about the drive shaft, specifically the U-joints. The only reason Axis, Trick and Demon Drive double pedals feel equal between the slave and the main is because of their superior U-joint design. Other direct drive pedals with standard U-joints on their drive shafts have the same sluggish slave pedal feel.

The good thing is that it's possible to buy drive shafts separately (I've seen an Iron Cobra double with an Axis drive shaft and Pearl is known for having pretty much every piece of their hardware available for purchase separately). It's probably not really cheap, but it is an option. You should keep in mind though that not every drive shaft will fit every double pedal.

Back