Shure Beta 52a and AKG D112 - Video

I'm still leaning towards keeping both at this time. I already said this, but that would give me the option of which mic to use on the bass drum, then just use the other for a floor tom mic.

My mics currently consists of:

- 2 Sterling Audio Large Condensers for overheads
- Shure SM57 for snare
- Sennheiser e609 for rack tom
- Shure Beta 52 for floor tom
- AKG D112 for bass drum

I also just realized I've had a Peavey PVM 480 pencil condenser that someone left at my house MANY years ago. I figured it was a cheap mic and it's been in a box being stored since then. However, I just read that they're pretty good. I'll have to break that one out and test it! Assuming it works, I can get in touch with the original owner and he doesn't want it back, that would be good for either hi-hats or ride, depending on where I wanted a little more volume.

Also, these mics can be used for a full live or recording drum setup (original intention), but the mics are also versatile and can be used for vocals, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitar cabs, etc... I used to do alot of home recording and I have the itch to get back into that. (I play other instruments as well)

Seems like a pretty versatile setup!

Also, these mics can be used for a full live or recording drum setup (original intention), but the mics are also versatile and can be used for vocals, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitar cabs, etc... I used to do alot of home recording and I have the itch to get back into that. (I play other instruments as well)

Seems like a pretty versatile setup!

Yup. The B52 is also very popular for micing bass guitar cabinets, and the D112 is my favorite tuba mic (for whatever that's worth). One big usability difference between the two is the B52 is very sensitive to mechanical noise (vibration from floor through stand, etc.), where the D112 has good mechanical isolation.

Back