advice for reso heads

rawshark

I've recently bought myself some evans ec2 batter hears and they're sounding great. I now have some more money to buy some reso heads for my toms, 12 and 16 old style exports. I don't like too many overtones but like some sustain, so it cuts a bit better. any advice would be very welcome!! thanks

Re: advice for reso heads!!

i was considering that, but wont it be overkill for the tone and sustain?

Re: advice for reso heads!!

The EC resos are great sounding. I use them on some of my floor toms.
They have sustain with more mids and lows. They are almost like a coated head.
If you crank them up a bit they really sound warm.

I think I'll go for the ec resos then. I like my toms pretty low with some punch! Cheers for the advice :)

If you had a 10 inch tom or smaller they may be a bit to dampened, but for the deep 12" Export tom there should be no problem.

Its either 9 or 10 deep, I'm not 100% sure. I know the floor is 16 deep. Also, for a snare reso, would you say hazy 300 is a good bet? I'm using a ST dry batter

Another option for you to think about in the future is the G14 series in either coated or clear over the EC reso's.
That is a real nice sounding combo.

I'm using G1's as resonant heads on my toms.I'm liking the sound. I don't know what the difference is between them and the EC resos are. I'm using EC2's on the batter side.

Another option for you to think about in the future is the G14 series in either coated or clear over the EC reso's.
That is a real nice sounding combo.

That is what I have on my Gretsch Catalina toms. Peace and goodwill.

Back