finally...new custom kit is finished!!!

Hey man, nice job, I can appreciate a nice set of drums, and I am very impressed by yours there. Don't take them out of the house without either really good cases or a really big dude to watch them.
Cheers

that is an amazing kit bro. about how much did you work on this and around how much did the hardware cost because i really want to make a set after i make my guitar.

thanx guys, really appreciate all the good feedback. don't get me wrong I have played them and they sound phenominal, just havn't played them live...can't wait

Beautiful job
clap1.gif
clap1.gif
clap1.gif

That is a beauty. I'm just about to start work on my second kit, so I know how good it feels to accomplish something that you did all yourself. It looks amazing, and I'm surprised how well the teal works with the brass lugs and the wood hoops.

Truly classy.

Gorgeous!

I also at first saw the colors and was like O.O

But once I "stepped back" and looked at the whole thing all together, I REALLLLLY like the color scheme. I RARELY like gold hardware, but this kit looks REALLY great with it.

Very beautiful, sir!

~B

...Very Very Nice.

Where did you get the wood hoops from. I am looking for some myself.

Once again, very nice work.

Barry

Absolutely gorgeous! You should be proud.
one observation....the front of the kick seems angled up...this kills resonance through hoop distortion, as well as tends to loosen tension rods over a short time.
great job!

WTF?.....yeah ok dude...we will all change our kicks now. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
I absolutely love some of the words you guys have used to describe this guys kit. The truth of the matter is, his kit sounds every bit as good as the "so-called custom" companies that many of you drool over like they are gods.

The question that was asked..."I wonder how they sound?".....WTF...do you think they don't sound good because company "x" didn't make them? They are the SAME drums...minus the glossy finish.

What's it going to take for some of you to realize that other than the "custom" finishes that the so-called custom companies apply, the drums are identical. All you are paying for is the finish.....period.

Great freakin' job to the OP......like I said you have a kit that sounds everybit as good as....company x and y, I won't name names here.

WTF?.....yeah ok dude...we will all change our kicks now. Thanks for the heads up.

What? It was just some advice. Relax.

I absolutely love some of the words you guys have used to describe this guys kit. The truth of the matter is, his kit sounds every bit as good as the "so-called custom" companies that many of you drool over like they are gods.

The question that was asked..."I wonder how they sound?".....WTF...do you think they don't sound good because company "x" didn't make them? They are the SAME drums...minus the glossy finish.

What's it going to take for some of you to realize that other than the "custom" finishes that the so-called custom companies apply, the drums are identical. All you are paying for is the finish.....period.

Great freakin' job to the OP......like I said you have a kit that sounds everybit as good as....company x and y, I won't name names here.

Well some of this is true and some isn't. The OP never said that his shells were Keller which is what most custom drum companies use, nor did he specify a wood type, so questions on the sound are perfectly reasonable.

EDIT: My mistake he did specify. I missed it the first time.

Last edited:
What? It was just some advice. Relax.

Advice huh? Are you kidding me? Please tell me it was a joke. I thought I have heard it all. I understand everyone can type what they want to say, but good god that was useless.

Wow... "Hoop distortion"? .......LMAO

You can take your "relax" comment and .....well you know!

Advice huh? Are you kidding me? Please tell me it was a joke. I thought I have heard it all. I understand everyone can type what they want to say, but good god that was useless.

Wow... "Hoop distortion"? .......LMAO

You can take your "relax" comment and .....well you know!

Sorry to drop in on this, but you are totally killing the thread here with your comments. This guy has made a wonderful set and we are allowed to ask questions about it. I think that you might aswell take some time of and reflect on your comments and replies on other forum members. You just don't talk to people like that.

VERY nice kit. I think it's also worth asking how they sound since he said he did the bearing edges himself! I give you major props for that. Doing that yourself and making them sound good must feel great. People will "make" their own custom kits and tell people and they'll be like "wow they sound great! you made them?". Well we all know they order the shells and make them look pretty, but I think it's awesome if you're actually doing something that affects the sound they they produce. Beeeyautiful kit, I hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Sorry to drop in on this, but you are totally killing the thread here with your comments. This guy has made a wonderful set and we are allowed to ask questions about it. I think that you might aswell take some time of and reflect on your comments and replies on other forum members. You just don't talk to people like that.

good grief.............

Absolutely gorgeous! You should be proud.
one observation....the front of the kick seems angled up...this kills resonance through hoop distortion, as well as tends to loosen tension rods over a short time.
great job!

I commented regarding this useless observation.....IMO(better through that in there...opinion police might cite me)
Gatzen himself plays with his kick angled just like the OP, and probably 99.99999% of people currently playing drums. This is a common sense deal here....1-2" doesn't harm anything at all .
What fanagel posted is just ridiculous to even say. Are you 2 one in the same?

But hey lay your kick flat and have the shell resting against the hard arse floor....I'm sure it will sound better than having it up off the floor...

Back