Best Cheap double pedals.

Alexp1401

I know there is a best pedals section but this one is quite specific.

Hello, I am looking for some good cheap pedals as it is my birthday in 4 days. They have to be double pedals, and flat head pedals. My mum will be spending about £80 ($123.73) on them, I know it's not much but pedals up to about £150 ($231.99) will be taken into account (Obviously there is eBay and such for getting cheap ones.) Please reply quickly so I can get a list of pedals for her, thanks :)

What I mean by flat head pedals:
mapex-falcon-double2.jpg

What I don't want:
Pedals like these:
DHW63-CM-AI.jpg

Any Stagg pedals.

One good cheap pedal is the Tama Cobra Jr. £75.00 for a single pedal and £189.00 for a double pedals. Shopping around could have further discounts.

The Mapex Falcon you pictured in the OP post is a very nice pedal, but out of your budget.

You can also try a second hand pedal, for the same price you could find a very good pedal.

Attachments

• CHHP300-xl.jpg
    CHHP300-xl.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 4,861
  • Tama Hp300 Double.jpg
    Tama Hp300 Double.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 4,729
I can't seem to find any Yamaha Flying dragon pedals here in the U.K and the Tama Jr. I'm not sure about, I would also need large pedals which I forgot to mention. But they will have to be doubles.

I can't seem to find any Yamaha Flying dragon pedals here in the U.K and the Tama Jr. I'm not sure about, I would also need large pedals which I forgot to mention. But they will have to be doubles.

You should be able to find the Tama Cobra Jr in the UK with no problem.

For £80 to £150 a decent double pedals will have to be bought through the second hand market, I doubt that you'll find a decent new double pedals for that price range. :)

Also, don't be put off by the beaters, they're cheap and easily changed, so you can include round beaters within you search. :)

You should be able to find the Tama Cobra Jr in the UK with no problem.

For £80 to £150 a decent double pedals will have to be bought through the second hand market, I doubt that you'll find a decent new double pedals for that price range. :)

Also, don't be put off by the beaters, they're cheap and easily changed, so you can include round beaters within you search. :)

I cannot agree with you over here. I found DW 2002 double pedals at somewhere around 140 pounds and Pearl P-902`s at just a bit over 150. Brand new. These are " at least decent" in my book...

I have played a P-902 and it wasn`t what i`ve been expecting. Maybe it was just that specific player`s settings (spring tension, beater height, bla bla) but is was too slippery and unresponsive to me, but i consider it a decent pedal.

If, and only if, you cannot find anything within the price range, new or used , and desperately need a double bass pedal, i could recommend you the Millenium PD-222. It`s from the "Pro" series from Millenium. Words say it`s a DW-3000 series copy, and i`m not sure if i can agree, but it`s definately a well-engineered pedal. You can make a lot of adjustments, it`s very stable and for the money you pay, i say it is well worth it. I`ve been using one for about a year and i`m very satisfied,no problems at all.

Remember my philosophy: There are no "no-name" brands. Just brands that are not famous.That doesn`t mean they suck. :)

I cannot agree with you over here. I found DW 2002 double pedals at somewhere around 140 pounds and Pearl P-902`s at just a bit over 150. Brand new. These are " at least decent" in my book...

Yeah! man good find, my list and view was not exhaustive, just what was on top of my mind, the DW 2002 is on par with the Tama. :)

i dont know how much it is in pounds, but i recommend the pearl p902. its around 130 dollars here in the U.S., its cheap, and i personally like the way it feels, plus its durable and just adjustable enough to have enough options that you can dial in your feel, but not have your head explode because of so many options.

...dw 2002

+1!
I got mine for 149 Euros (discount) and hell they can do anything. Don't forget it's the player, not the pedal. I haven't "outdone" them to justify a "better" pedal.

Check the Gibraltar range. They are very nice pedals and for much cheaper than better known pedal brands.

Fox.

Last edited:
I've just been down for band practice and used their acoustic kit for the first time, I noticed they had Gibraltar pedals which were very nice to use, I will look into these to find some cheap ones, I have also looked at pearl P-902 as suggested, I found these to be a bit pricey. Thanks for all the help so far guys, very much appreciated :)

Edit: I have also looked at DW 2002 as suggested a few times as well, these also seem to be a bit pricey, I'll probably go Gibraltar in the end, unless I can find some really cheap pedals soon.

First off I know its the player, not the pedal, but I really wouldnt recommend buying that cheap pedal. It still limits you to do some things which you can do with more expensive pedals. I recommend to raise the budget even a bit even to 150 dollars, more likely 200 dollars. But then again if you are starter and you just want to start with them its ok. You can buy later on more expensive pedals of course.

You actually dont need to spend that much money if you are buying DW 2002 pedals. They are very nice pedals for you and they are as good as pedals on the 200 dollars range.

Also check these, they sould be within your price range.

BASIX DPD 800 V.4

MAPEX P501TW

PDP DP 402

GIBRALTAR 5611DB

Thanks everyone who made suggestions, I should be getting some soon depending on when they arrive, although I'm not sure what they'll be, I'll report back here and let you know which ones :D

I've got a Big Dog double pedal - very good hardware with a very reasonable price tag. They make a double chain (which is what I have) and a single chain model, the single being cheaper.

I just picked up an Iron cobra double kick nearly mint condition for 150 pounds.

Definetly go second hand, some great deals to be had

Back