RotodruM new concept drum

rotodrum

hi my name is Riccardo, I invite you to see my site www.rotodrum.com, I have invented a new model of drum, a new brevet..... if you want to feel it in action, you go on www.youtube.com and it looks for rotodrum 2010, hi and thank you for having read my email
Hi
Riccardo

mike1t.jpg

Cool looking drums, but in the youtube videos i watched, i thought they sounded a little flat, especially the floor toms.

Thanks boys,...... all made in Italy, Italian design, all aluminum, tensionrods in aerospace ergal and steel.... stems for rotokit drum Jazz keller..... ok hi Riccardo

rullo3333.jpg

Thanks boys,...... all made in Italy, Italian design, all aluminum, tensionrods in aerospace ergal and steel.... stems for rotokit drum Jazz keller..... ok hi Riccardo

jazzmaurocon.jpg

Rotodrum, chooses to be unique... it is true... your sound your design your unique style

And In need a kit like this because?
It looks like it would be a real pain in the bung hole to set up and move and such.
To many moving parts!
I didn't hear or see anything in the vids that made me want to place my order.
Its kind of like a Pearl Rhythm Traveler with spice sprinkled on it!

Last edited:
Definitely flat or dead. The sound would not travel.

Last edited:
From some of the pictures on the site (mic'd up), I'd guess they're designed with recording in mind. Also, you can't really tell from a recording. I'm not on the market for a new kit or anything, but I'm curious as to how they sound live.

I totally agree that they seem like they'd be a nightmare to setup. :p

Last edited:
Hi boys, thanks for the answers, the whole RotodrM works with shell varying dimension through sleighs in steel, snare \ tom \ flor tom \ bass drum, the whole drum.... you possible possession 3 head for snare is possible to vary leaf and resonant and cymbals as you to have taste of your personal sound..... the rotodrum has possibility to be silencer to study me I insert rubber calibrated inside superior shell...... the rotodrum has the possibility to insert trigger for electronic plant it is your drumset it becomes everything electronic pad without climbing on head mash.... if you to have small car or you bring your drum kiy in subway you to be able to take trip without problems the whole RotodruM is similar to matrioscka... you insert all small drums in big drums.....
hi to everybody
Riccardo

you excuse my bad English I use automatic translator.... hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOq7L4i4MYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0zisoaw-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk2D-8avHGA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMIE8_y46s

I think the first thing is to congratulate the inventor on bringing innovation to the drum industry. I get the advantages of this system. Working on purely sympathetic resonance between two surfaces in variable proximity offers a level of control that just can't be matched with a conventional shell arrangement. For close mic PA work, this could work very well. Equally, I can see real benefit in demo studio "house kit" applications where setup time is limited and source control is a priority over individual sound.

As an acoustic proposition, I think it falls well short of the mark. The lack of complete shell severely limits sustain possibility and reduces projection. Essentially, the kit becomes an over complicated set of flats. Adjusting the distance between the two head assemblies does alter the sound, but not necessarily in a way you'd want to. I don't like the characterless nature of the product in an acoustic environment.

I believe the market for this is very limited. Maybe novelty purchace, and the two applications I mentioned above. Innovation is a great thing. I hold many patents myself (non drum related) & some of them are commercially successful, so I'm a big fan of progression. I love the saying, "the only way to predict the future is to invent it". All that said, innovation for innovation's sake is heartbreak just waiting to happen. There has to be a market demand for a product to take off and equal some sort of critical mass. Either that, or a market need is created by the invention itself. That's rare, & usually very expensive. To bring a new concept to market, you have to be a problem solver. "Give me a problem, & I'll show you a business" is my personal saying. My problem with this product is, I don't see the problem it's trying to solve.

Hi, thanks for the comments, they are always constructive, now a great brand of world drum that looks for my patent ... ok is possible that the next NAMM 2011 there will be perhaps a RotodruM for the public... ok hi Riccardo

Back