Ludwig Classic Maple 26x14 or 26x16

davidm

We are considering adding a 26" kick to our Ludwig Classic Maple rental kit.
We have 22x18 & 24x18 kicks with 10,12,13 racks and 14,16,18 floors.
Which 26" size would you prefer if you had the choice.

This is our shop manager and his name is Ludwig. He is patiently waiting for your reply,

Attachments

• Ludwig double.JPG
    Ludwig double.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1,468
26x14. I just upgraded my 26x16 (6 ply), for a 26x14 (3 ply). I also have Gretsch 26x14, doing the duty right now, while I put the 26x14 Luddie together.​

Ludwig bass drums should always be offered in 14" depths.

14x26 is an amazing drum, but my 16x26 is a freakin amazing feeling AND sounding drum. Wouldn't trade it for a 14" depth...even though I'd still like one....but I have to say no because I already have too many bass drums haha!

You aren't going to go wrong with either size.

I think the 14 x 26 would bebetter for a rental just because it fits in more vehicles. Both sizes should be awesome for sound.

I love dogs and Ludwig drums, so you get my vote for thread of the month!

I've gotten better sounding results QUICKLY with 14" depth drums.

plus any depth lost from shorter drums, you can add it in FOH if wanted.

14x26 all the way.

I love, love, love my 14x26 Classic Maples. So much so I've got three kits with that size bass drum. Like Karl said, I don't think you can go wrong with either option. Both will sound amazing. I could see where the 14 may be more requested as a rental though.

We are leaning towards the 14" depth,
Figured either way we would be ok.
Thanks for the great replies

16" with a slide track.

Anyone who prefers/owns/gigs with a 14 x 26 wouldn't mind playing a 16 x 26 as a rental, they'd probably be excited about the opportunity.

Well the 14 is 'the classic' depth, but having gone an extra 2" ( fron 24x16 to 24x18 - I have a few bassdrums - I do like the extra depth, however I also play a 26x14 as well here sometimes, and.....and well they all sound fine....! ) just do what your dog tells you.

Back