Who Wants My Drums

W

Whitedrummer

Anyone with a vintage Ludwig or Rogers kit wanna trade?
dsc01635fq6.jpg

Your kit seems to look good but your pic's fuzzy...

Why wanna trade? your kit's cool!

Yes it's a Mapex Saturn kit, I want to get a vintage kit, but can't seem to sell the Mapex. Anyone interested in a trade please respond, you will not be disappointed in the Mapex. I'm looking for a more vintage sound and look, I just don't have the funds or room for two kits, thanks.

Yes it's a Mapex Saturn kit, I want to get a vintage kit, but can't seem to sell the Mapex. Anyone interested in a trade please respond, you will not be disappointed in the Mapex. I'm looking for a more vintage sound and look, I just don't have the funds or room for two kits, thanks.

Have you thought about (or tried) eBay? It looks like it's in really good condition and I'm sure you could unload it for a nice price. Even in the current economic meltdown I haven't had trouble selling some of my gear.

Andy who worked at massmusic.net played Mapex for quite a while.Mapex Saturn record very nice by the recordings I have heard.I was at Skips Music in Sacramento a few months I was amazed at the snare sound.A High School band teacher bought to Saturn sets which included hardware.How old is your kit it looks new ?

Andy who worked at massmusic.net played Mapex for quite a while.Mapex Saturn record very nice by the recordings I have heard.I was at Skips Music in Sacramento a few months I was amazed at the snare sound.A High School band teacher bought to Saturn sets which included hardware.How old is your kit it looks new ?

I like that DW kit, are you interested? I dig the color, very vintage looking.

I don't mean to put you down for wanting to trade kits or anything, but you have some really nice drums. Have you tried to get a more vintage sound from them? Try some heads like remo fiberskyns or aquarian vintage series if you haven't already. I played a grestch usa custom with some of those skins on it (although that kit was at least a decade old) and man it just oozed fat vintage tone. As far as I know those drums were plain old 6-ply maple. I may be wrong in assuming that your decision is based mostly on impulse to buy more (I know that I make a lot of decisions like that), but I just don't think you should make a decision you'd regret.

I don't mean to put you down for wanting to trade kits or anything, but you have some really nice drums. Have you tried to get a more vintage sound from them? Try some heads like remo fiberskyns or aquarian vintage series if you haven't already. I played a grestch usa custom with some of those skins on it (although that kit was at least a decade old) and man it just oozed fat vintage tone. As far as I know those drums were plain old 6-ply maple. I may be wrong in assuming that your decision is based mostly on impulse to buy more (I know that I make a lot of decisions like that), but I just don't think you should make a decision you'd regret.

Same as stasz... if i didn't choose the Unix kit the Saturn had to be my choice. sometime i think Mapex is overlookeed( not talking about you there...) maybe all the Saturn kit i've tried have good heads/tuning but they always sound amazing, nothing to be shy beside those Tama, Pearl, etc.

Just to say you have a beautiful kit and surely great sounding... but's your choice ;-)

Don't get me wrong, this kit sounds great, as good as any I've heard, if not better. I put coated ambassadors on the toms and a coated powerstroke on the kick and was able to produce a completely different sound from the clear emporers it came fitted with. The drums sound really warm with the new heads and more vintage. I won't just swap them for anything, it would have to be the right kit. I know a lot of you guys like the laquer finish, but I prefer a wrap just because you don't have to worry so much about ruining the finish. I've had things like guitars and other drums dropped on different kits I've owned and a wrap is more durable.

I have vintage sonor, almost 40 years old. interested?

No offense, but if you're talking about that kit you have posted, no way. That kit looks like it's in need of some serious help. My kit cost $2,000, and is in near mint condition.

No offense, but if you're talking about that kit you have posted, no way. That kit looks like it's in need of some serious help. My kit cost $2,000, and is in near mint condition.

I totally understand you, i tryed, and that kit was bought buy me two years ago, so im not the one that ruined it.

Back