Just got some Starclassic in Vocanic Red Burst

Vigeous

I posted awhile back asking for some help on picking out some pro drums.

(http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75827)

I finally decided on the full bubinga kit after bringing my own heads to guitar center and trying them side by side. Both are pretty great sounding kits, but the pure bubinga just had a touch more class.

I went with the basic 4-piece set and then added an 8".

I'll get my own pictures soon, but I wanted to make a point. Pretty much every picture of this finish that you find online is wrong. The finish isn't a bright bubbly red. It's sooo sooo sooooo much better.

This is the only picture I have seen that does it justice:
https://www5.corecommerce.com/~forksdrumclo135/images/products/14920.jpg

It's just like that in person. So. Gorgeous. So if the firetruck red is keeping you away from this finish, don't let that get you down. Tama just doesn't know how to take pictures.

Thanks a ton for all the info you guys shared with me (and others).

More later!

holly shiii.... that is one of the most beautiful finish I've ever seen brother, congratulations!

As soon as I looked through the new Tama catalog, that finish stood out among all of the others. Beautiful drums, amazing finish. Congrats!

:)

Yes, this is one of the best finishes I've ever seen. I saw the NAMM pics too. The Tama pics still look cool.
They have one at the shop but I haven't seen it--someone ordered it, it's in a different building.
They said it was great.

Enjoy the kit!!

I think they're both awesome, but I like the Volcanic Red more. I think the bolder color and high gloss finish looks more appealing. Though if I "had" to play a Starclassic Maple, I would definitely go for the Molten Brown Satin.

I don't go for burst finishes at all but there's something about these two particular finishes that I really love. They're so striking.

I'm getting a quote for a set with this finish. I thought it was just a red fade until I saw better pictures outside of tama's website. I've always preferred lacquer over wraps and am pretty conservative when it comes to looks, but the volcanic red burst just stands head and shoulders above the rest. I was tempted by the silver stripe, but I don't know if I'd be able to live with it for a decade or more. The volcanic looks nice from a distance but just gets more and more menacing the closer you get. Plus, looking at them, I doubt any two are exactly the same.

To the OP, you never posted pics! How about some?

I'm getting a quote for a set with this finish. I thought it was just a red fade until I saw better pictures outside of tama's website. I've always preferred lacquer over wraps and am pretty conservative when it comes to looks, but the volcanic red burst just stands head and shoulders above the rest. I was tempted by the silver stripe, but I don't know if I'd be able to live with it for a decade or more. The volcanic looks nice from a distance but just gets more and more menacing the closer you get. Plus, looking at them, I doubt any two are exactly the same.

To the OP, you never posted pics! How about some?

Since this thread is 3 years old and OP has 5 total posts, we probably won't hear much from him.

Back