Another harp video from Amy - Toccata and Fugue in D minor (J.S. Bach)

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I know my sister has a few fans on here so for all of you, here is her rather magnificent new video:

Amy Turk - Toccata and Fugue in D minor (BWV565)

Hope you enjoy it! This is her own arrangement based on the original organ score, and I think she's done a really good job with it.

EDIT: Forgot to say, this also features pedal cameras so you can see what she's doing with her feet which is fun.

Count me in as one of Amy's fans Ben!!! Just as her last harp video, utterly superb in every way. Recording & video quality is top notch, but Amy's performance fair took my breath away. Such a dynamic & passionate performance.

You Turks have way too much talent for just two people!

Video shared :)

Edit: After further viewings, I'm blown away by Amy's use of different string positions to change timbre & also the seamless way she dampens the bass registers. I have no knowledge of harp playing, & I'm sure such techniques are standard fayre amongst accomplished players, but it impresses me no end! When I compare this to the crude brutality of my approach to my playing, it makes me take a step back. Because of Amy, maybe my performance this afternoon will be a little more towards the control end of the scale (until the "F" guitarist cranks to 11 anyhow) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding. I too liked the last video. She is a very talented young lady. Now I want to see a serious duet with the two of you.

OMG that was amazing. What an amazingly beautiful performance by a sensitive musician. Without a click track too, how is that possible?

Thanks for sharing! I've been a big fan of Amy's since the "I Like Tea" video you two made.

wow, that was awesomeness!

undzf8.jpg

Actually did you know Amy studied drum kit (and orchestral percussion) before me? I inherited her Pearl Forum kit when she stopped playing kit. That's probably why I play now.
Aha! - so Amy is the Turk talent genesis & you're the sibling rivalry mimic. I thought as such, but never dared to suggest it ;) ;) ;)

You do know I'm jerking your chain - right? :)

She started much earlier than me, it took me a long time to become properly involved in making music although I was always interested in it. It's fun because we've sort of started at opposite ends, her with formal classical tuition and me just picking up instruments and making it up as I went along, and have now met in the middle...so I'm doing orchestral arrangements for metal bands and she's doing harp arrangements of rock songs!

Amy's just uploaded this video from 2013 of her playing a signature piece of hers, 'Watching the Wheat', which I think you will all enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paXn1Q0aelA

She started much earlier than me, it took me a long time to become properly involved in making music although I was always interested in it. It's fun because we've sort of started at opposite ends, her with formal classical tuition and me just picking up instruments and making it up as I went along, and have now met in the middle...so I'm doing orchestral arrangements for metal bands and she's doing harp arrangements of rock songs!

Amy's just uploaded this video from 2013 of her playing a signature piece of hers, 'Watching the Wheat', which I think you will all enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paXn1Q0aelA
Hahaha - yes :) Weird how things revolve & change.

The video: OMG Ben, the melody dispersed within the arpeggio pattern! Holy crap that's impressive. Wonderful feel to the piece too. I can picture the wind over the wheat field. Amy really nailed it :)

Back