how do you mount your tambourine??

I just picked up a LP Mounted Cyclops Tambourine with LP mount. The set-up seems well constructed and durable. Time will tell.

IMG_0451.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I have to tama jingle ring and a regular dual row crescent shaped tambourine.
I would like to attach the tambourine to the hihat rod list John Bonham did but I can't find a clamp that I can use to do it, and I'm willing to drill into the tambourine if i can find the proper clamp.
I got a tama jingle ring, first, the jingles barely move, second, it sounds more like Christmas sleigh bells than tambourine.
I actually got another tambourine and replaced all of the nickel tama jingles with the tambourine steel jingles.
It helped to sound better but they still barely move.
Actually, due to the shape of my dual row crescent shape tambourine, It works perfectly just laying it on top hihat cymbal. It jingles great with the foot pedal and if I need to, I can hit it with the stick.
But i would still prefer to attach it to the pull rod like they did back in the 60s and 70s.
The only other option is fabricate my own, which I've done for other hardware, but I don't use the tambourine enough to bother.
So just laying it on the top hihat cymbal is the best way for me, and it works perfectly. But if it was the normal round tambourine, it wouldn't stay in place, it needs to be the two row crescent shape to stay in place by the bell of the top hihat cymbal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-17-04-45-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-02-17-04-45-16.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 381
  • Screenshot_2019-02-17-12-26-02-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-02-17-12-26-02-1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
It's a Rhythms Tech Pro

Most of the time I put it on top of the hats, For other placement I use the RT mount. Just to pins that you easily slide it on or take off.

I'll place it where it makes most practical sense, which then generally will be just over the hats.

Back