My RMV 4-Piece in Blue/Gray Sparkle

Cakco Drums

Hey fellow DW'ers (I literally just realized at this moment my initials are DW, weird), here's my new (2007) RMV Custom kit. The shells are all Brazilian Bapeva Maple, that sound truly awesome. 13" rack and 16" floor, and a 12 lug 24" kick! I wish the finish had a little more depth under average lights, but it has a clear plastic coating that protects it pretty damn good. It sparkles beautifully in sunlight, so I hope the same goes for stage lights (if I don't change my mind and replace it with a new kit before that happens... some band drama is currently taking place, so delays).
love to hear yer comments.
cheers

P.S.

I'm thinking if anyone on DW wants them for $1000 (plus shipping) with excellent condition hard custom cases, let me know. I am making my decisions on what kits to keep right now based on which ones sell.

Attachments

• drums 012.jpg
    drums 012.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 1,228
  • drums 023.jpg
    drums 023.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 1,081
  • drums 022.jpg
    drums 022.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 1,283
  • drums 017.jpg
    drums 017.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 1,093
Love those drums. RMV, from what I've read/been told, pulled their North American distributorship. Personally, I'd keep those bad boys. How often do you run into a 12 lug 24" kick? Sweet.

hey .... looks like you got them, thats great! Not sure why you would want to sell them already. I would be very suprised if you really didn't like the sound they produce. I know it's a little different than standard maple ... a little more depth, more attack and kinda tribal sounding but they work really well for rock hard rock. I would just keep them if I were you. Personaly, I would carefully remove the wrap and give those shells a nice satin stain in a color of your choice. Keep the wrap for later if desired. It's not glued to the shells at all. If you were here in the US I would take them off your hands for close to what you paid for them. Especially with the hard cases ... sweet Gig setup.

Actually, I just learned a few days ago that RMV is coming back to North America and they should have new product in local music stores within 2-3 months or you can order direct from Brazil but the shipping is pretty high.

You're right. I have RMVs with the red sparkle and was not at all impressed with the finish. Love the sound and the light weight though! So I bought a wrap on Ebay and rewrapped em in a Mardi Gras Black Pearl. Looks a lot better now.

Keep those!!! Great sounding drums...

I've owned/gigged everything from Ludwig Classic,Tama Starclassic, Pearl Masters, etc..etc.. for the last 30 years and can't believe the sound and compliments I get on these drums.

I have a set of the RMV Concept Studio Shells (w/rings) that are about 5 years old and they sound amazing. I'm getting another RMV kit in the next few months for rehearsal / gigging. (They are returning to North America asap, as mentioned before.)

Attachments

• RMV-3.jpg
    RMV-3.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 944
  • RMV-5.jpg
    RMV-5.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,436
  • RMV-6.jpg
    RMV-6.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,560
haha too late. due to keeping a wells custom maple kit (can be seen by clicking "big" and "little" below), I've had to sell the RMV. Nice kit, but I don't really dig black hardware, even though it's lightweight, or RMV's wraps. sound is definitely killer, however I also wanted to downsize my bass to a 20", and I couldn't be happier with my new kit.
that is a sexy silver RMV though, very classy paiste's too

Back