Quietest bass drum pedal

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I'm looking to get a new bass drum pedal my dw5000 is great but it's old school with 1 chain & makes noises when i'm playing it mostly the footplate itself.

what's everybody recommendations on the quietest pedal out there? any insight is much appreciated.

Bonzolead

I use three DW 5000's now. I really like them, but my next pedals for my new kit will be Falcons. Small footprint, smooth, quite, Great looking, very easy to customize with cams and weights, come with chain and strap, nice nylon case, can also get them direct drive and fairly inexpensive.

I'm looking to get a new bass drum pedal my dw5000 is great but it's old school with 1 chain & makes noises when i'm playing it mostly the footplate itself.

what's everybody recommendations on the quietest pedal out there? any insight is much appreciated.

Bonzolead

Hey Bonzo...
You've hit upon why DW, (and everybody) went to the double chain.. What's happened is that the single chain has "stretched" (the joints in the chain are warn) and the chain is rubbubg against the teeth of the cam. The newer double chain 5000's are very quiet and will stay that way longer due to the double chain... If your used to using the 5000 It's my opinion that's the pedal to move to... DW has made many improvements in the 5000 since your single chain, and they DO care a lot about making the machine (pedal) quiet.....

Hope that helps

Dr. Pedal

http://www.eccentricsystems.com

too dr.pedal..thanks for the info. this is probably what i'm goona do I can get a barely used double chain 5000 for $129 which isn't. too bad IMO it also includes a pedal bag.

too sticks.. never heard of the falcon doesn't. mean i'm not interested i'll have too look at their website too see if there are any dealers close-by & check one out first-hand.

Thank you so much,
Bonzolead

I use three DW 5000's now. I really like them, but my next pedals for my new kit will be Falcons. Small footprint, smooth, quite, Great looking, very easy to customize with cams and weights, come with chain and strap, nice nylon case, can also get them direct drive and fairly inexpensive.

Hey Sticks...

Before you dive into the falcons... Give my site a look... We can make those 5000's the FASTEST pedal in the world.... PS.. Check my profile, so you can see I know what I'm talking about...

http:///www.eccentricsystems.com

Hey Sticks...

Before you dive into the falcons... Give my site a look... We can make those 5000's the FASTEST pedal in the world.... PS.. Check my profile, so you can see I know what I'm talking about...

http:///www.eccentricsystems.com
I was looking at your cams last night. Cool idea. I will need to get two new pedals anyways to go on the new kit. Maybe when I get a little extra cash I will try your product. I did an interesting mod on my two double chained 5000's. I put a tongue on the front of the foot board, and a small extender plate on the heal so I could bring the pedals closer to me to match the hi-hat pedals.

1567.jpg

I was looking at your cams last night. Cool idea. I will need to get two new pedals anyways to go on the new kit. Maybe when I get a little extra cash I will try your product. I did an interesting mod on my two double chained 5000's. I put a tongue on the front of the foot board, and a small extender plate on the heal so I could bring the pedals closer to me to match the hi-hat pedals.

1567.jpg

Is the pearl a remote high hat?? and yes real estate around the pedals is ALWAYS a problem.. Have you ever had the problem that the left pedals "slide" especially at the heel?? Like turning out away from your foot???

Dr. Pedal

The Pearl is a remote, and my pedals don't move. They have velcro on the bottom.

The Pearl is a remote, and my pedals don't move. They have velcro on the bottom.

My bad... You are two single pedals on two bass drums.. This sliding problem is more a problem on the double pedals on one bass drum... (sorry)... Maybe I should post a question about that with double pedal players.... But hey thanks for the chat, and info my friend!

I own many pedals and the quietest of the bunch is my Trick Pro 1 V. It's physically so quiet that I can clamp a microphone directly to it to mic the batter head.

DSC_0186.jpg

Dennis

I own many pedals and the quietest of the bunch is my Trick Pro 1 V. It's physically so quiet that I can clamp a microphone directly to it to mic the batter head.

DSC_0186.jpg

Dennis

I have both the DW 9000 and the DW 5000. I picked up the DW 5000 used, not too old, but there is some very slight squeeking (oil?). I use it with a DW 9000 on my DW Go Anywhere Practice pad kit for double bass. The DW 9000 is quite smooth, and makes no sound.

I must say though, my fav pedal is the Trick Dominator double (actually they send you 2 singles and you join them together). Same technology, material as the Pro 1 V (that was beyond my budget!). The slave is as silent as the master pedal - those suckers are so smooth and quiet. My 2c.

Attachments

• DV016_Jpg_Large_482387[1].jpg
    DV016_Jpg_Large_482387[1].jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,643
Back