Pearl 14x12 Floor Tom help

autonomos

I've decided to convert my pearl prestige session (mid 90's) 14x12 mounted tom to a floor tom. Ordered the mounts and legs and am going to do the job myself.

My question is regarding the positioning of the mounts on the drum. I'd like to mount them as if they came from the factory. I'm guessing pearl makes floor toms in this size but if someone can help me with the specifics regarding the layout for the 3 mounts I'd really appreciate it. Any info is great but specific numbers in inches for the holes would be most helpful. Measurements from the bearing edge and for the spacing around the shell.

Anyone have a 14x12 pearl floor tom?

I have a Pearl Session kit.
My floor tom is also 14x12.

Call the vendor and see what they say. You might have to do the drilling yourself but I'm pretty sure you can get the parts from them. I work @ Guitar Center and I could always shoot them a quick call, go to your local dealer and have them call Pearl. I want to convert mine so bad since I've used it as a mounted floor for about 6 years.

Keep in mind that local dealers dont carry specific parts and you might have to call the manufacturer sometimes.

Back