Bands you're embarrased to say you like...

I was gonna say I like Nickelback earlier, but I was too embarrased.

My wife and I were sitting in a restaurant tonight and No Rain by Blind Melon was playing. That was the song with the Bee Girl accompanying video. Every time I hear that song, it gives me a lift. No idea why. Guilty Pleasure, I guess.

Evanescence, I love the piano, OK. Scorpians, Just straight ahead fun stuff.

It sounds like nobody likes Nickelback, so who is buying all their records. They don't seem to be hurting. I know it is not me. :)

I'm not embarrassed to say I like bands other people don't like, if my musical taste is more wide, and take styles, and influences to help me become more advanced then why not say it?

I found myself to like mainly songs such as "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri.

I used to be a heavy listener of Biggie Smalls, haha I was about 11-12 when I used to listen to him.

I mean that wasn't too long ago, but now that i'm 13 ive expanded my musical tastes.

There is this guy, Ian Axel, and he plays piano (search him on YouTube) and a couple of his songs I think are really good.

Ah! So you're the one buying the records still...!

To embarrassed to admit it on a shame thread. That is shame indeed.

Listening to Totalimmortal, on AFI's EP, All hollows.
Really cheesy old skool punk, but I can't but sing along every time I hear it.

I'm not really embarrassed by anything I listen to but some of it surprises people that know me.

Masters Apprentices is probably a good example of this.

Everyone who says "Nawww, I'm not embarrassed by any band I like!" hasn't mentioned a single dorky band that they like. Not one.

Funny thing that ...

Methinks the laddies protesteth too much.

C'mon ya dorks, tell us about yer love for Gaga and Beiber ... promise we won't laugh :p

Don't know about you Polly, but I could do with a good laugh...

Everyone who says "Nawww, I'm not embarrassed by any band I like!" hasn't mentioned a single dorky band that they like. Not one.

Funny thing that ...

Methinks the laddies protesteth too much.

C'mon ya dorks, tell us about yer love for Gaga and Beiber ... promise we won't laugh :p

The title of the thread is "Bands you're embarrassed to say you like...", not "Bands that others may consider dorky".

No matter how cool a band is someone out there is going to say it is "dorky".

Always! I have Barry Manilow's Copacobana in my collection lol

Also Cilla Black's Anyone Who Has a Heart ... great melodies and not too many pop tunes have basson. And Deity knows how many Dusty Springfield tunes I have. Hell, my group even plays a Dusty song.

Gronk City at this end :)

Okay, the challenge has been issued, so here it is...the band I'm most embarrassed to say I like: Loverboy. Okay, I said it. I'm going to hide in shame now.

Okay, the challenge has been issued, so here it is...the band I'm most embarrassed to say I like: Loverboy. Okay, I said it. I'm going to hide in shame now.

Mary, I'd forgotten about that one. I just checked out Turn Me Loose again ... it's not so bad! I lasted a whole minute and a half before I had to turn it off :)

C'mon Mash, cut the hair-splitting and spill :)

Fine..."Bands I like that people will likely laugh at but I don't care" are:

Bee Gees
Bread
KC and the Sunshine Band

I don't like everything they did, just mainly the "greatest hits" stuff.

OK...there...I said it. You happy Polly? ;)

Back