Lead singer has asked me out for a date

drumkat

Well, it has happened

The greatest taboo in a band

The lead singer has asked me out on a date

She text me a the other day and said she really likes me and wants to go out with me

I NEVER mix business with pleasure

She is R-E-A-L-L-Y attractive but........

Devil's advocate chiming in here.....do it! Sure it's the absolute wrong thing to do, but stuff it. Have fun, I say!

The repercussions can get really ugly, it's not smart.

Unless you want to quit the band and then date her! :)

Bermuda

Hey, don't knock it. Worked great for Terry Bozzio.

...am I right?

How deeply invested in the band are you, and how good is the band, really?

Me, I'd quit the band and date the girl. Maybe I'm a romantic, lol.

Worked out OK for the McCartney's..........although not so much for the McVie's.

I once played in a band with a husband and wife team. I thought we must be idiots for taking them on, but we decided to give it a roll and see what happens. Glad we did. That band lasted a good few years and I have some great memories of it. Their working dynamic was a hell of a lot better than many outfits I played in. I've seen two blokes get a hell of a lot bitchier than those two ever came close to being. Very few dramas at all now that I look back on it.

Ultimately, there's no hard and fast rule. Sometimes it's a disaster, sometimes it's roses. We only ever hear about the disasters though.

Sad to say but both options have their fair share of odds. I'd say it's a coin toss. But then again there are millions of single girls on the earth. Wish I could say the same thing about working bands that need a drummer.

I'm friends with a couple who literally live, work and play together (male drummer, female singer in a death metal band) and they make it work quite nicely (I suspect they're the exception to the rule though)!

The safest option is "don't screw the crew" and I've always been strict about that. Friends only. Still, I only know what's good for me, Kat.

I don't think her being hot is a good enough reason, though, unless you can both be cynical, have some recreational bonking, and remain on good terms otherwise. Not so easy medium term. If you feel like she could be the love of your life that's a whole other matter.

Absolutely horrible idea.

I say go for it.

I NEVER mix business with pleasure

She is R-E-A-L-L-Y attractive but........

You NEVER mix business with pleasure... keep the motto true to yourself.

So it's either business or pleasure... you could ask her to quit the band, then you keep both, business and pleasure... :)

Well.....

I have taken advice from both sides of the argument

Given the fact that these guys put up with the amount of night shift I do

And they are forgiving of my commitments with my kids

I called her and said no....

I am NOT looking forward to rehearsals this Thursday

Thanks guys for your input

Sorry Bo, haven't got pics yet...but alas it DID happen...LOL

Well....whaddya know!

I have found a pic

This is the closest I could find

But seriously guys, I will post a pic of her if she is willing. I will call her