1973 Pearl Acrylic Restored

xplotaqlo

The history is like this: I bought a 38 years old drum set for 400 bucks and was totally focused in restored it from the pitiful state that it was. I read that the spider web that most pearl acrylic drum set have does not come off, and that is why I focused myself in hiding it instead of repairing it. I had the drums professional painting them in a yellow blur acrylic paint, and the results was incredible. Most of the spider web dissipated and I personally love the final look. You should see how the spider web helps as a special effect when stage lights are on. This drum set sounds incredible, the 22x14 Bass drum totally rocks, I would not change it for any other BD, The toms 13x9 sound very good with lots of focus, The other hanging tom 14x10 I just used as a floor tom, and it really can do the job, sounds amazing. The 16x16 floor tom just rocks as well as the BD. I am using an acrylic 13x5.5 RCI snare, it cuts very nice and all together sound as better as any nowadays expensive drum sets. Now I dig why Pearl charge $1200 for this drums in 1973. It is a shame that Pearl does not make this drums anymore, I have play lots of acrylics and I can assure you that this Crystalbeat Drums Rocks. I am using Sabian Cymbal most of them AAX (14 hi hats, crashes 16, 18 21, ride 21) HHX (18 ozone crash, 12 china), 11 X hats The Vault.

Attachments

• php48sGkOAM.jpg
    php48sGkOAM.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 922
  • phpdoOvOgAM.jpg
    phpdoOvOgAM.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 748
  • phpI4FZ9rAM.jpg
    phpI4FZ9rAM.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 929
  • phpiVLmB0AM.jpg
    phpiVLmB0AM.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 884
  • phpiVLmB0AM(1).jpg
    phpiVLmB0AM(1).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 691
  • phprBhPs0AM.jpg
    phprBhPs0AM.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 754
  • phpRUSRipAM.jpg
    phpRUSRipAM.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 904
  • phpX7TjaxAM.jpg
    phpX7TjaxAM.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 712
Oh yeah ... the Pearl acrylics were just as cool ... as "anyone" else's. Ludwig just had a big leg up on the competition (Sonor, Fibes, Zickos, Pearl) with Bonzo playing a Luddy kit ...​
Try taking some pictures of you kit "capturing" the stage light magic you talk about ... I'd like to see that. (maybe back lit with no flash).​

Those look really cool,nice that you could turn around the spider web effect to a positive and keep the see through acrylic vibe.They have a kind of frosted shower door effect like a couple of euro drum makers offered.

Back