Steve Jordan .... yeah ... watch it !

You should check out his DVD "The Groove Is Here". If I recall, he has a single solo spot -- and he nails it, quite obviously.

If you want to travel a bit farther back, he was the original drummer in Steve Khan's Eyewitness group (before Dave Weckl got the chair). And his playing and soloing on the album Casa Loco fit that group so well. He takes an extended solo (over a band ostinato) in the title track, which wasn't a flurry of chops, but spoke so well! I highly recommend that album.

If you want to travel a bit farther back, he was the original drummer in Steve Khan's Eyewitness group (before Dave Weckl got the chair). And his playing and soloing on the album Casa Loco fit that group so well. He takes an extended solo (over a band ostinato) in the title track, which wasn't a flurry of chops, but spoke so well! I highly recommend that album.

Thanks! Great to hear Steve in a more fusiony setting... Killer playing!

Thanks! Great to hear Steve in a more fusiony setting... Killer playing!

Yeah, its a great album. The only unfortunate thing was his use of Simmons drums in the first track. That really dates the album for some reason. But if you can get past that, it's a great band to listen to. This album also confirmed for me that Anthony Jackson is a bass god ;)

Back