Electronic Drums Mounted Without a Rack

johnbarnesiii

Hello,

Is it possible to mount a small electronic kit (4-piece drums, hats, 1 crash, 1 ride) using only acoustic stands (snare stands & cymbals stands), without the use of a rack, to save space?

After some searching i saw this. But i'm wondering if this no-rack thing is possible for any electronic drums, bc i like the idea of less hardware and i play a minimal kit so it seems like it would suit me.

Attachments

• Erskine_Drewphoto.jpg
    Erskine_Drewphoto.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 2,606
Basically, if a pad can mount on a rack, it should also be able to mount via the same attachment to a stand, although you may need n adapter and a special clamp. Roland-type cymbals can certainly mount on regular stands, kick pads are normally by themselves, and snare pads typically go on snare stands anyway. The only concern would be the toms.

But depending how many pads you're using, there could be a lot more hardware using separate stands, than with a rack. If you'tre playing a 4-piece for example, you could mount your rack tom pad and a cymbal on one stand, and the floor tom pad and a cymbal on another stand. In that case, those 2 stands would be tidier than a rack.

Oh... like the photo you posted!

Bermuda

Thanks bermuda! I'll definitely look into the 2-stand setup over the rack. My setup is very similar indeed to the photo on this thread.

Also I have these straight stands. Is it possible to simply buy 2 L-arm attachments which latch onto my 2 straight cymbal stands, in order to hold the 2 electronic tom pads?

I'm trying to save money by simply buying the pads & brain, and just use my existing drum hardware to mount everything.

Attachments

• lg_C-1000.jpg
    lg_C-1000.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,171
Something like this?

GIB_7700Q_Modern_Drummer400-300x263.jpg

Found the pic here: http://www.moderndrummer.com/site/2...-platform-stand-and-turning-point-swing-nuts/

Back