How to store a coiled cable?

Basically the only type of coiled cables I run into are those from communication microphones. Depending on their length, I would just very loosely coil the coiled cable and store them in a plastic bin. Don't coil them too tightly (go for about a foot or more in diameter) or they'll sometimes take a set to the circumference of the coil.

Dennis

when you say under, over method do you mean you wrap them around your elbow area? if so you're actually harming the cable as there is unwanted tension in it. the best way to wrap a cable is to take about a foot and circle it back to your other hand and if it figure 8s then roll it until its straight. i'll see if i can find a diagram if thats a little confusing but that method will ensure there's no unwanted tension in the cable that will wear it out

that's very interesting, i've never heard it called by that name before. but yes thats what i meant thank you. and as long as you're not using the elbow method you'll be fine. as far as storing them you can store them flat or hang them somewhere

Back