Drum Stores In Toronto

otway

Hey guys..
I'm going to be heading to Toronto in about 5 weeks and I thought this might be a good time to head into a decent music store, try out some snare drums and pick up one.. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what decent/well priced music stores there are in Toronto.

Once again.. i'll be heading to Canada in about 5 weeks and i live in Trinidad (in the Caribbean) where its very hard to get decent drum equipment so I am hoping to make the best out of this opportunity.

Thanks allot.
Nick

I have been to all four of those places and by far the best that were named is just drums. it may be a smaller store but has way better quality stuff and has quite a bit of stuff in the back in storage and can get stuff ordered in in a week. They also have some of the best people working there. Plus just drums is apprently the only 5 star drum shop in ontario

The biggest and best are Steve's Music on Queen St.West and Long and McQuade at Bloor and Ossington St.'s. There are 2 in the north End of the city: Just Drums and Soul Drums but they are smaller and have less stuff (though Soul Drums has great people).

Good luck.

G

JUST DRUMS IS SMALLER? Someone please tell me it's opposite day.

Oh yeah, I forgot they moved (I clearly am not a customer there). Calm down there, man. Either way, I wouldn't recommend that particular place over the first two I mentioned anyway because I've found the oppose of what nacdrummer posted. I guess that's why it's good to have a few choices.

G

Haha, have you been to their new location? It's really great, and the staff actually knows what they're talking about (I was never in the old location)

Haha, have you been to their new location? It's really great, and the staff actually knows what they're talking about (I was never in the old location)

Yeah, I've been a couple times but don't share your sentiments about the staff. Even though I live 5 minutes from Just drums, I make the trek to L&M if I have to. Just Drums, last I was in has next to no cymbals in that dinky room.

G

Just Drums, the staff are very helpful and friendly, and do not try to pressure you into buying anything you didn't come for. Just Drums is also very good about lowering the price on purchases, especially if it is a large one. For example, I purchased a Yamaha DTXTreme IIs from Just Drums, and they gave me the Snare Stand, Hi Hat Stand, and Monitor System + Subwoofer for free! I only paid around $1500 for everything!

Back