Rogers Dyansonic Snare Help....

x1503

Is there a rogers dynasonic BIG R snare drum that is 14x7.5?
I had a friend bring over his rogers and his was 14x6.5 which was the size I thought was the highest they made
He thinks someone just put original rogers parts
If anyone one can help me I'd appreciate it...thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 1,902
Looks like 6.5 deep on the left and 5 on the right, to me. They both look like the original shells. You measure just the depth of the shell, with the heads and rims off.

EDIT - the more I look at the pic the less sure I am, lol!

Last edited:
Looks like 6.5 deep on the left and 5 on the right, to me. They both look like the original shells. You measure just the depth of the shell, with the heads and rims off.

EDIT - the more I look at the pic the less sure I am, lol!

Well the one on the left measures 7" just the shell and with the hoops it's 8" deep
The one on the right is 6" and with the hoops it's 7"
I put it side by side to my dw 14x6.5 and it's the same size as the one to the right...

Well the one on the left measures 7" just the shell and with the hoops it's 8" deep
The one on the right is 6" and with the hoops it's 7"
I put it side by side to my dw 14x6.5 and it's the same size as the one to the right...

Weird. I'm pretty sure they only catalogued 5" and 6.5" in the COB Dynasonics, with an 8" in the maple shell.

Send a PM to JohnPloughman. He can answer just about any Rogers question imaginable.

I'm just confused because I asked around and no one knows...some people I know think its not a real rogers because it has wrong hole placements and it looks the badge was re glued

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 514
So far..........
I have gotten your message concerning this drum. It is of extreme interest to me.

Could you please post pics of this drum on the Rogers Owners site.

I am thinking this is a genuine Rogers drum from the late Big R period..... and it could very well be really unique. There were some unusual experimentations during the late period, and this could well be one of them. And, if so, it is an extremely rare example of the Dyna-Sonic.

Back