Please help me out! Annoying Jerk at school about drumming!

Joey182

Silver Member
There is a kid at school that claims to be the best drummer in Florida and apparently everyone else sucks. (he included Buddy Rich in this as well).
ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!! This is what he did to me today!

I was speaking to Gary Folchi (Owner of Precision Drum Co.) about ordering a blue acrylic 4 piece. As soon as I said that the kid runs over and says: "Why would you pay money for a piece of plastic drum? Blue is a homosexual color, Precision looks like a crappy company!" Can you believe this?!?
I then had to speak to Gary and explain to him that it was an idiot in my school, and that I was sorry that he had to hear that.

Seriously guys! What should I do??

Just say "whatever, you're entitled to your own opinion even if it is a shitty one." or more politely just cut out the second half.

Punch him in the face. Just kidding. Seriously, have a drum battle with him. He will shut up really quick if you challenge him.

Just ignore him. Sounds like this guy has serious insecurities about his abilities. Either that, or he's not right in the head... haha.

^ This.

Who cares what he thinks? He'll be either picking up trash my the side of roadway or flipping burgers after graduation.

The guy clearly has mental health issues of one sort or another. The last thing YOU need to do is think his opinions have any bearing on your life. Remember, one day you'll be out of school, and you'll never hear from him again.

^ This.

Who cares what he thinks? He'll be either picking up trash my the side of roadway or flipping burgers after graduation.

The guy clearly has mental health issues of one sort or another. The last thing YOU need to do is think his opinions have any bearing on your life. Remember, one day you'll be out of school, and you'll never hear from him again.

I hope so! To be honest, he is a good drummer, but praising yourself is totally wrong!

That's funny. Skill level is not based on how long you have been playing. Some people are so ignorant, it disgusts me. I had one of these kids at my school. I invited him over to my place to jam around on my kit. I took the approach of if your so good then you can come over and teach me a few things. He agreed. Turns out I wound up teaching him a thing or too and I am by no means great.

That's funny. Skill level is not based on how long you have been playing. Some people are so ignorant, it disgusts me. I had one of these kids at my school. I invited him over to my place to jam around on my kit. I took the approach of if your so good then you can come over and teach me a few things. He agreed. Turns out I wound up teaching him a thing or too and I am by no means great.

I've never said I was good at drumming or have ever spoken of my equipment or playing level. I don't like to be cocky. I just want to be modest because it makes you look like a better person.

And I'm guessing he's of similar age?

Come back to me in ten years mate, and tell me it still bothers you. I don't say this to diminish either his commentary or your age....I say it because, I can not recall a single issue I had when I was 15, that actually bothers me today at 38 years of age.

Toughen your hide, steel your resolve and ignore the ignorant, my friend. If you live to be 80 and this is the biggest issue you're ever confronted with, then you have truely lived a charmed life.

My best advice to you? Concentrate on YOU and YOUR life mate. The older you get, the more halfwits you're going to encounter. If you let them get to you.....well, they've got you beat haven't they?

There's an old saying...."You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time.......but you can never do both". Sage words.

Don't suffer the little things my friend. You are accountable only to you and your actions....nothing more, nothing less. :)

Blue is a homosexual color.

makes sense...

Seriously, this dude is a real life troll, don't feed him. His ignorance is a shame on this art, and the best thing you can do is pretend he doesn't exist.

Why would you waste your time saying or doing anything? There are more productive things to do.

If he touches you, go off on him.

Simply tell him to go away........................

tha bad news:age has nothing to do with it, I'm 47, and was recently told my gretsch catalina jazz....is a "toy"...I said..." that's fine, I'm new to this, so this is where im at right now....sorry kid, it never stops.

Ask him how tall he is and then reply 'Oh, I didn't know s**t could stack that high'.

In all seriousness, just get over it. In ten years when he's asking if you want fries with that, I wouldn't worry.

Next time you see him, tell him you just got off of the phone with his parents and they will deal with him later.

There's a lot of negativity out there, and some people seem to thrive on it (they're called jerks). Schools are notorious for forcing you to deal with these people an a regular basis, it will take time to come to some level of agreement, worst case graduation. The blue comment makes it pretty clear that he's not interested in having actual "superiority" but is only interested in cutting you down. Just keep doing what you're doing and someday maybe he'll ask you for a backstage pass to say he's sorry.

Back