Pants leg catchin beater

SPMAXS

Hey what do you do wehn you pants leg catch the beater ive tried getting skinny jeans and they just destroy my crotch, I ve tried rolling my pants legs and they kept falling down still then i tried leg weights but i dont wanna always wear them.
Please Help!

haha! that's happened to me a bunch of times! i usually try to wear my longest jeans so there's less of chance of that happening.

LOL, this is the funniest thread title we've had in a while!! Well, all I have to say is this - if your pant leg is catching the beater you have very good right foot technique.

Wear sweatpants with the elastic at the bottom of the leg.

Got a good chuckle outta this response..., we have a "no sweatpants" rule for gigs...

I'll second the longer pants suggestion, I too have had similar issues in the past. Other than that, there is the little velcro straps that bicyclists wear to prevent pant legs from getting jammed up in the chain, I'm sure it would do the trick fine as well.

Depending on how tall your socks are you could stuff your pant leg inside your sock? This is why I always wear shorts when playing. But playing live in the winter time makes it tough.

In the olden days, we wore bell bottem pants with platform shoes; pant legs catching the beater was a common problem! We avoided this problem by using bike pant clips. The modern ones with straps and velcro closings work well.

GJS

I've had this problem. It usually happens when my pants legs hike up my legs, so I just stand up between songs and readjust them. If this doesn't help, I'll just invert the leg halfway up, so what's usually the bottom edge gets above my knee, while the new edge stays below the knee. This way it doesn't unroll by itself.

Check out any recent video of Neil Peart... he uses a bike pant clip / reflective ankle belt to hold his pant leg in place. Similar velcro elastic leggings, available in olive green, camo, and black, are sold to the military to blouse their trouser legs on top of their boots, two for about $1.25 US.

You could possibly try adjusting the position of your beater, may be a little closer to the batter head. I play in pants all the time and never really run into the problem myself.

Check out any recent video of Neil Peart... he uses a bike pant clip / reflective ankle belt to hold his pant leg in place. Similar velcro elastic leggings, available in olive green, camo, and black, are sold to the military to blouse their trouser legs on top of their boots, two for about $1.25 US.

^ This.

Or just wear shorts.

Used to happen all the time back in the day when bell bottom pants were in style. Rubber bands my man!

Two possible solutions.....

Attachments

• 090715-F-0000Z-017.jpg
    090715-F-0000Z-017.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,159
  • 80s%20rock%20superstar%2031120[1].jpg
    80s%20rock%20superstar%2031120[1].jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 584
I have this problem, My shirt sleeves get caught in the back end of my sticks. Can you help me! LOL

Back