Steve Morrison

Re: Steve Morrison - pro drum tech (Tommy Lee)

e7z said:
Hi Steve! Greetings from Russia. Glad to see you here. I saw performance CRUE in Moscow in 1989. It was cool, especially when Tommy has crushed the drums. Recently I have bought CARNIVAL OF SINS DVD. A unforgettable show.
I have question, if possible: you sometime played with Tommy a duet? If played, what songs, or solo? As about arrival Crue to Russia for the show?
Transfer Tommy, that Tommyland - an excellent album. One of my faworite last time.

Thank you,
Sasha
Hey bro, thanks for writing! In answer to your questions- No, I have never played with Tommy live during a show... we've jammed together but not in front of people. I don't believe we will be visiting your country in the near future... we are wrapping up a 13 month tour and they are beginning to work on a new record soon. Hopefully the next time around! I'll tell T that you enjoy his new disc, as well. Peace! Here's a new photo from this past week! Enjoy!

Attachments

• taction.JPG
    taction.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 9,489

hi steve, i've noticed that the whole of tommy's kit has triggers mounted, but they don't seem to be ddrum triggers, which one's are those. Also i've been planning to buy a set of ddrum triggers myself along with a roland moduel TD6, my question is, if i'm solely depending on ddrum triggers for my sound and no mics, how is the overall effect. Is there too much cross talk between the toms due to the triggers being mounted and how is the over all feel. What would you suggest. coz my band plays mostly covers that have some really awesome snare & kick sounds, which sometimes is not possible in a small setup, your inputs will be highly appriciated....thanks

Hey and by the way steve, this one comes all the way from INDIA with lots of love. Well i know Tommy & the guys will never come to INDIA in a million years, so i won't even go there....but just so that you can tell tommy, he has some huge huge fans over here... cheers!!!

Hey Steve, I just heard the interview with Harvey on CBC radio. Sounds like everybody made a great time out of a potentially nasty situation. And he mentioned you ("Steve-o") specifically as being a very cool and helpful guy.

I'm guessing this whole scenario has put a big grin on a lot of drummers' faces! Good stuff!

Hi Steve, could you pls take a look at my previous post, i had a question on using triggers as my primary sound source, your inputs would be greatly appreciated....thanks bro!!!

JUst A quick question. I was at a crue shiow in winipeg a few nights ago and the set list was an hour shorter than the last winnipeg show. They didnt even play too fast for love or primal scream or any new stuff... i mean it was a great show but i payed over 300 bucks for a few seats and felt a little pissed off... is there a reason for the shorter set?

Re: steve morrison - pro drum tech

tleetech said:
Thanks Jason, T-Bone! I'm honored to be a part of this community. Ok, down to business:

1)Tommy's warm-up consists of a short stretching period(5 mins) Then he plays along to the music he has playing through his dressing room P.A. (i do mean P.A.- 2 Clair Bros. R4 Speaker cabinets[very loud]) he plays on everything in the room-speakers, couch, table, etc. He does that about 10 minutes before the show until he is walked to the stage.

2)Past drummers I have done include: Shannon Leto- 30 Seconds To Mars(2002-03); Aaron Montgomery- TRAPT(2002-04); and then Tommy when they decided to do the reunion tour(Nov. 04). I also freelance out of S.I.R. Hollywood Drum Dept.

why, yes you do! miss you as well.

what up stranger? i am in sydney right now, coming home tommorow after a few weeks. glad to see you are spreading the drum love here! glad to see the meinl thing working out....i'll hit you up when i get back to the states!!

T

INXSDRUMTECH said:
why, yes you do! miss you as well.

what up stranger? i am in sydney right now, coming home tommorow after a few weeks. glad to see you are spreading the drum love here! glad to see the meinl thing working out....i'll hit you up when i get back to the states!!

T

Do I smell another PRO drum tech??? I wonder.......

wow..its awesome to have you here
tommy lee by far is my fav. drummer of all time
i came to motley crue's show in Atlanta, Georgia last year when they had to cancel it because vince neil " tore a muscle in his leg" lol..and i was reallly dissapointed because they only played a few songs..and when they came back in march this year i got to go again..and Tommy def. made up for it.i got to sit on the far left of the arena so i had the perfect angle to watch him play..and that was all i was doing..i wasnt listening to vince or ne thing else
tell Tommy that the solo was awesome and that he has a hardcore fan in Atlanta

INXSDRUMTECH said:
yup, steevo and i used to work together at SIR los angeles.....a mutual friend turned me on to this site....

I bet your "mutual friend" is a good dude!!!.... great to have ya on this site... you should email the owner of the board and get your own thread..... Its always cool getting advise from the people who make a living working on gear!!

Steve & Inxstech:
Ok I have two questions that turn up all over these boards and there are usuaully 20 different answers, so I'll as the two pro techs on here. What do you do about snare buzz? What do you think about muffling toms and kicks.

lilblakdak said:
Steve & Inxstech:
Ok I have two questions that turn up all over these boards and there are usuaully 20 different answers, so I'll as the two pro techs on here. What do you do about snare buzz? What do you think about muffling toms and kicks.

as far as jon farriss' kit goes, a little snare buzz is ok, but i usually only have a problem with the 12" roto tom. in regards to mufffling, nothing on the snare and toms. the kick drum has a DW pillow in the bottom. and that's it.

INXSDRUMTECH said:
as far as jon farriss' kit goes, a little snare buzz is ok, but i usually only have a problem with the 12" roto tom. in regards to mufffling, nothing on the snare and toms. the kick drum has a DW pillow in the bottom. and that's it.
Thanks.8888888888888888888888888888888888

bit of topic -

tell tommy thanks for letting me film him naked in london - and if he wants a dvd of it PM and i'll send it where ever you want...

it was a fun shoot.

nathan

Re: Tommy Lee

Bernhard said:
Ok, our new member TLEETECH is the drumtech of Tommy. So If you have questions regarding set or something else, you can ask here...

Thanks Steve for joining us....

Bernhard

yea i love what tommy lee does in his solos when his stage tilts and spins. it made me mad when joey jordison did that.

Hey guys! I'm finally done with the tour for a while. I'll be back on the site everyday, trying to get to everyone's questions. Good to be back on!!!

Back